Forum rules
Dark Kinetix Circuit Rules Welcome to the DKC forum, a sub-forum of the Serpamia Flare forums dedicated to discussing anything pertaining to The Lethian, Rufi's debut novel!

As long as you are 1) not a butt, and 2) carefully mark any spoilers before you post anything spoilerific, this forum should work fine.

Please feel free to share whatever you like. :) Thank you!
Lukkai
Level 9
Level 9

11:29 PM - Aug 02, 2015 #11

Finished the book last morning as well. Good read!

And I won't register on goodreads. But I left you a vote and review on Amazon.

I'm in it for the Goldras.

Lukkai
Level 9
Level 9

11:30 PM - Aug 02, 2015 #12

[quote=rufiangel]Uhmu... would people use a sub-forum if I made one for The Lethian? <_< [/quote]You mean like a place where we could discuss ships, theories and write fanstories in?

Hell yeah! :clap:

Headgamer
Level 6
Level 6

3:43 AM - Aug 03, 2015 #13

I left a review as well.

So it's decided then? We'll have a ship forum. XD

rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

9:17 AM - Aug 05, 2015 #14

:O You guys!!! <3 Thank you so much for those reviews!! :wub: Honestly, I know it's bad, but I stopped checking as frequently as I used to :'D I guess I was losing hope that people would review the book... LOL. Sorry about that XD thank you so much!! <3 I appreciate it so!!

Aaand I'll see if I can make a sub-forum here shortly :D woo!

Headgamer
Level 6
Level 6

12:31 PM - Aug 06, 2015 #15

Yay new forum!

Np. It was really a great book. I hope others pick it up.

Lukkai
Level 9
Level 9

2:52 PM - Aug 06, 2015 #16

Yuuss! You fixed the posting problem!

8:02 PM - Jul 11, 2017 #17

:wub: So a while back I got The Lethian on Kindle Unlimited; started reading in the mid-late afternoon, and finished at like midnight. It was a wild ride that I DID NOT WANT TO END, and was entirely one of the better standalone fantasy novels I've read in a long time. The characters were likable and entertaining, the setting was well-crafted, and felt like a modern version of a fantasy world; IMHO, that last aspect is *hard* to pull off the way Rufi did. Usually you end up with one of a few variations, either a fantasy world where the understanding of magic is such that it's better referred to as magitech, a Sci-fi reality with magic elements ala Star Wars, or a Real-life adjacent world; with magic just below the surface, and the norms are just willfully ignorant ala Dresden Files. What's even more worthy of respect is that while you can see the real-life religious influences in the story if you look, it *still* felt like a fantasy story, and that's a writing skill that is sadly ignored by many writers these days; while you may on occasion see a fantasy soapbox story, it's far more common for writers to ignore that kind of story altogether in recent years. Frankly I'd rank The Lethian up there with The Hunger Games and the Divergent series in terms of peers and quality. Great job to our resident writer! :wub:
The Cyborg King is my Co-Pilot.

rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

4:00 PM - Jul 16, 2017 #18

Hello Ghostforge! Thank you so, so much for reading The Lethian, and for taking the trouble to leave your thoughts on the forum! ;3; <3 I really appreciate it. Your words are incredibly kind!! <3 I'm extremely happy you enjoyed the book! It's always on my mind to work on side-projects alongside SF that are related to The Lethian, and it is my intention to really do that some day sooner rather than later. In the meantime it means a great deal to me that you enjoyed the book as a standalone, and I am motivated all over again! Thankyew :hug: <3