rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

August 7th, 2015, 8:08 am #131

Prayformercy wrote:I know i get some sort of a bonus for percept, cant for the life of me remember what it is. 1 d20 => :d2017:
That's a great roll! XD You have a racial +1 bonus, so that's an 18 total. (As a side-note, all of your modifiers are in the pinned first post of this forum topic, in case you were wondering.)

Your ears flick as a noise that's most certainly not from your party catches your attention. It sounds like a series of claws scraping against the ground in a frenzied manner, and then - on some silent cue - you hear lots of snuffling and growls coming from the covered area, and suddenly, a dozen yellow eyes suddenly gleam out from the darkness.

With that warning, a roar resounds from the covered area, and six creatures come bounding out of the darkness to swarm the front of your group; each dark-blue, scaly creature is four-legged with strong hind legs and very large front claws with two rows of sharp, pearly teeth in their pointed snouts. Over their backs, they have some kind of armoured shell that is mottled with teal-blue peelmould. They have two sharp horns on their heads, and all of them are charging at you or Zel with hungry glints in their eyes.

Luckily, they don't seem too fast. And each one is also pretty small, so you could attack two in one round if you wanted. But there are six of them, and here they come.

Roll for initiative~ :wub:

Prayformercy
Level 8
Level 8

August 7th, 2015, 8:10 am #132

Initiative -> 1d20 = :d2009: + 1 for juice :d2010:

Want some.. i dont know attack rolls as well probably? :D
'We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.'' Elie Wiesel

rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

August 7th, 2015, 8:11 am #133

[quote=Prayformercy]on a side note i find it amazing that you have this in depth of backgrounds on these characters. [/quote]Awww XD well, it's partly why I took so long to set up Stage Three. Coming up with all the survivors based on what you and Mjkj rolled and narrated in your rescue missions, what their names are and their back stories... was probably the most time-consuming endeavour but I couldn't bring myself to half-ass it and call them a collective horde of survivors. :blush: So if you guys lose any of the survivors now... they'll have names, lives and loved ones to get back to that will be lost forever ;) eheh <3

rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

August 7th, 2015, 8:12 am #134

Prayformercy wrote:Initiative -> 1d20 = :d2009: + 1 for juice :d2010:

Want some.. i dont know attack rolls as well probably? :D
I realised after doing Mjkj's stuff that it's probably better for me to get the initiative order, first, and then bring it up to your turn before I start asking for rolls in advance. XD Give me a moment to get the initiative order~ :yes:

Prayformercy
Level 8
Level 8

August 7th, 2015, 8:13 am #135

Got it :D keep in mind im out in front basically begging the monsters to attack me so my archer can get some shots in =p
'We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.'' Elie Wiesel

Prayformercy
Level 8
Level 8

August 7th, 2015, 8:15 am #136

rufiangel wrote:
Prayformercy wrote:I know i get some sort of a bonus for percept, cant for the life of me remember what it is. 1 d20 => :d2017:
That's a great roll! XD You have a racial +1 bonus, so that's an 18 total. (As a side-note, all of your modifiers are in the pinned first post of this forum topic, in case you were wondering.)

Your ears flick as a noise that's most certainly not from your party catches your attention. It sounds like a series of claws scraping against the ground in a frenzied manner, and then - on some silent cue - you hear lots of snuffling and growls coming from the covered area, and suddenly, a dozen yellow eyes suddenly gleam out from the darkness.

With that warning, a roar resounds from the covered area, and six creatures come bounding out of the darkness to swarm the front of your group; each dark-blue, scaly creature is four-legged with strong hind legs and very large front claws with two rows of sharp, pearly teeth in their pointed snouts. Over their backs, they have some kind of armoured shell that is mottled with teal-blue peelmould. They have two sharp horns on their heads, and all of them are charging at you or Zel with hungry glints in their eyes.

Luckily, they don't seem too fast. And each one is also pretty small, so you could attack two in one round if you wanted. But there are six of them, and here they come.

Roll for initiative~ :wub:
Trying to get some kinda mental image of what these guys look like and i keep getting giant hermit crabs with like lobster claws.

rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

August 7th, 2015, 8:43 am #137

Prayformercy wrote:Got it :D keep in mind im out in front basically begging the monsters to attack me so my archer can get some shots in =p
Gotcha! :yes:

Alright, all the little Cave Lizard-Badgers rolled amazingly on the whole for initiative so here's what happens... :'D

Cave Lizard-Badger 1 (Molly) nat crits on her Initiative at a :d2020: and hurtles towards you, as you are waving your arms about to provoke them into all attacking you, first. She goes for a bite attack against you.

(Molly rolls a :d2012: .)

Too bad for Molly, you saw her coming and turn aside before she can snap those jaws around you.

Glenn rolled a :d2019: for Initiative, and with his Cacao Juice +1 bonus, he just comes after Molly (who won out as she had a nat crit). Glenn sees an opening after Molly tries to snap at you, and with his shovel, goes for a hit to her side with extended reach.

(Glenn rolls a :d2016: .)

He hits! Whacking her in the side with the side of his shovel blade, he manages to bruise her in the side a little, but ooh, she's tough.

(Glenn dealt: 3 damage to Molly!)

Cave Lizard-Badger 2 (Kelly) rolled a :d2019: for Initiative. Also attracted by your waving, delicious arms, she jumps up to try and latch onto it with her teeth.

(Kelly rolls a :d2017: .)

And she does! Fortunately her jaws clamp over mostly your gloves, but some of her teeth graze your skin and it burns a little.

(Kelly dealt: a tiny amount of damage to you! You can replenish this amount of HP with a Choco Herb.)

Cave Lizard-Badger 3 Holly rolled a :d2018: for Initiative. She's not as attracted to your arms, seeing that two of her sisters are nabbing at it; she's going to try and go for one of your ankles with her claws.

(Holly rolls a :d2003: .)

You are stamping around a bit much, however, and Holly utterly fails to get even a single claw into your trouser leg.

Zel rolled a :d2012: with a +1 Cacao Juice bonus to his Initiative, totalling at 13. He nocks back an arrow and fires a shot at the Cave Lizard-Badger 1 (Molly) that Glenn hit earlier.

(Zel rolls a :d2007: .)

He must be very distracted by the sudden onslaught of little scaly creatures, however, and his shot goes wide and faaar away from Molly. In a flash, he nocks back another arrow and tries again.

(Zel rolls a :d2009: .)

Nope, still no good, the arrow lands two inches from the last one. Zel hangs his head in shame for a second.

(You and Zel are both combat oriented characters, and therefore can make two hits per turn because these Cave Lizard-Badgers are quite slow in speed. You can also change targets between hits if you wish.)

Aaaand now, it's Leo's turn!

After Leo, there are three more Cave Lizard-Badgers - 4 (Tilly), 5 (Sally) and 6 (Polly) - all on their way to you guys, but they're lagging behind their sisters quite a bit.

Roll an attack roll; if you rolls a :d2014: or higher, you hit. If you hit, you can roll for damage - that's a 2d6 with a +5 modifier after you crafted your knuckles, and an option to perform a special 'Bone Shatter' move that deals 2x damage on a successful hit OR destroys a weapon upon contact once per encounter.

Remember, you can make two different attacks per turn, so roll for two different attacks. You can keep to one target or switch to another if you want. Hope that isn't too confusing!

rufiangel
Level 7
Level 7

August 7th, 2015, 8:44 am #138

Prayformercy wrote:Trying to get some kinda mental image of what these guys look like and i keep getting giant hermit crabs with like lobster claws.
Close! But instead of lobster claws, give 'em more badger-like claws XD

mjkj
Level 8
Level 8
mjkj
Level 8
Level 8

August 7th, 2015, 8:45 am #139

rufiangel wrote:Oooh, maybe he can give one to Mjkj. You know, since Mjkj's baby coco has gone AWOL. :clap:
...or got murdered by a certain ultimate final boss
  ~ mjkj ~  

baby coco owner

Prayformercy
Level 8
Level 8

August 7th, 2015, 8:53 am #140

For Attack1 -> :d2018: -> attacking molly -> :d606: :d602: + 5 = 13. Ill go with my Bone shatter here to make it a 26.
For Attack 2 - > :d2017: -> attacking molly if its still alive if not we go for kelly -> :d605: :d602: + 5 => 12 damage total

I dont have a good picture in my head of what they look like so i cant really help too much on my actual methods of attack, I like the idea of grabbing those 2 by the claws and slamming them into each other >:D If molly gets both attacks maybe the shell from Kelly slams into the face of molly to do a crushing blow for the 38 damage and kelly would be unharmed :D If not Aim jabs and punches at soft spots.

Edited by Mod #2 1d6 go :d60x: