What watch are you getting for Christmas ?

What watch are you getting for Christmas ?

December 2nd, 2009, 8:53 pm #1

Many of us have certainly flirted wit the idea of a new watch for Christmas. If you are like me, you`ll find one and make the proclamation that it is your Christmas present to yourself? Or you have specifically asked the Miss`s or another family member to get it for you? Or you don't even know what watch it is yet but you know there`ll be "A" watch. Maybe you are going to find a deal on ebay, or a sales forum.

May be its a GRAIL you`ll be getting, or maybe its just a watch cause "I need another watch". LOLOLOLOL. We are after all, Seikoholics here. LOLOL.

Personally, I don't know. Its definitely going to be: "I need another watch". But I dont know what it is because I`v got to go beyond cheap, I mean, its gotta be something that I cant pass up and will never see again, right, LOL. So yes, there`ll be a watch in there somewhere, but "I" don't know what it is yet. Maybe a Casio to play with, value for money,

Theres only 23 more days and the Dr knows you have already been thinking about it.

What are you getting?

Cheers,
Randall
Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Specializing in Seikology, Seikotherapy, and other Horological Dis-ease.
Made in the U.S.A.

"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

December 2nd, 2009, 11:34 pm #2

There's that 6215 300M Pro diver [35j low-beat auto] listed a few posts down & I just got my classic low-beat 35j hand-wind 5722/430 "hybrid" Grand Seiko. I guess those 2 qualify as "real special" (pre-)Christmas treats

And did Martin just get in his special square cased Goldfeather?? If so, that could be a 3rd (pre-)Christmas present.

Of course, PeteW got his special item about mid-year [limited ed. 36K bph modern day Grand Seiko]

Some nice stuff showed up this year already!!

===============================================

Seiko Matsuda
The Patron Saint of Seiko Collectors

December 3rd, 2009, 2:27 am #3

Many of us have certainly flirted wit the idea of a new watch for Christmas. If you are like me, you`ll find one and make the proclamation that it is your Christmas present to yourself? Or you have specifically asked the Miss`s or another family member to get it for you? Or you don't even know what watch it is yet but you know there`ll be "A" watch. Maybe you are going to find a deal on ebay, or a sales forum.

May be its a GRAIL you`ll be getting, or maybe its just a watch cause "I need another watch". LOLOLOLOL. We are after all, Seikoholics here. LOLOL.

Personally, I don't know. Its definitely going to be: "I need another watch". But I dont know what it is because I`v got to go beyond cheap, I mean, its gotta be something that I cant pass up and will never see again, right, LOL. So yes, there`ll be a watch in there somewhere, but "I" don't know what it is yet. Maybe a Casio to play with, value for money,

Theres only 23 more days and the Dr knows you have already been thinking about it.

What are you getting?

Cheers,
Randall
Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Made in the U.S.A.

and it came today -- a little early.

December 3rd, 2009, 2:39 am #4

What a collection of Yao`s!!

If I could, I`d buy one of everything he makes too. His quality cant be beat at his prices.

Cheers,
Randall
Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Made in the U.S.A.

December 4th, 2009, 3:24 am #5

What are you getting?

Cheers,
Randall
Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Made in the U.S.A.

in Seikoville

Russell Anthany Iadanza

December 4th, 2009, 3:58 am #6

What are you getting?

Cheers,
Randall
Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Made in the U.S.A.

I might be getting one of these...

or one of these...

Otherwise, it will be a lump of coal for the fire place

------------------------------------------

December 4th, 2009, 5:00 am #7

Or....................I guess you could hope for the Etrena,

But the Hammy is so very nice also. You have great taste in watches Peter.

You`v seen my Hammy. I too love a simple yet effective watch.

Merry Christmas,
Randall

Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Made in the U.S.A.

December 4th, 2009, 5:03 am #8

it would be the Eterna.

Too bad it's only a wish and that even Santa would have a hard time finding one

------------------------------------------

December 4th, 2009, 5:17 am #9

That gave me the same feelings. Like it may be un-obtainable at any cost.

It was this one. The sense of perfection this watch carried just blew me away and I found myself longing for it, LOL.

I told the guy I built it for to give me first dibs on it if he ever did consider letting it go. I kinda hate it when a watch does that to me, I`m fairly immune to it by now you know.

Ya, the Eterna just gets the hands better, does`nt it,

Cheers,
Randall

Seikoholic #1
Dr.Seiko,
Made in the U.S.A.

Last edited by DrSeiko on December 4th, 2009, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.