Minor restoration successes :-) .....

Minor restoration successes :-) .....

December 4th, 2009, 11:04 pm #1

...I am no watch repairer, but often thanks to advice and info on the forum, I've had enough confidence to try and sort out one or two problems. Here are two examples, the first is a relatively rare 6306-8000 Actus Silverwave where I found the timekeeping was way out (after, ahem, I'd been knocking fence posts in). I got hold of another movement and swapped it and now it's running sweet as a nut. Lesson learned of course and I now wear a Casio g-shock when working outdoors, not a vintage piece!!

Although only a small job I was really pleased with the next watch - I have a rare (not seen another with this dial colour) Citizen compressor style diver, but the second hand was broken and I had to have an alternative fitted. It had also had one of the crowns replaced. I recently managed to bag a beat up black dialed version, but it had the correct hand and correct crowns, so now I have been able to get my red version back to original state:

Here's before - I painted the replacement second hand to try and match the lume colour (the hand was white at first) and note the wrong crown at 4 o'clock:

And now, as it should be:

Have a good weekend,
Stephen

December 4th, 2009, 11:25 pm #2

could find a 6306 mvmt for replacement! Not that common, is it?

And, I guess they're a bit delicate based on your experience?

And, it's nice to see you back here! Haven't seen you post in a little while.

===============================================

Seiko Matsuda
The Patron Saint of Seiko Collectors

December 5th, 2009, 10:07 am #3

...here regularly to read the posts.

Btw have you received an e-mail from me sent yesterday with a question about a watch, with a couple of pics? I used same address as I had back in April of this year - is that still the right one?

Best regards,
Stephen