whats the deal with the forum...

whats the deal with the forum...

April 1st, 2010, 10:34 am #1

i have been registered for quite a while and i received an email last night
saying welcome to the forum.. your user name is (xxxxxx) and your password is (xxxxxxx).... is this legit????

cindyc

April 1st, 2010, 10:51 am #2

...just go ahead and follow the instructions

Harry Teicher

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding
Last edited by Harry_Teicher on April 1st, 2010, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2010, 10:59 am #3

seems strange to me.

cindyc

April 1st, 2010, 11:03 am #4

...don't worry, there is a software technical maintenance/development taking place which will require new passwords. More details to follow...

Harry Teicher

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding
Last edited by Harry_Teicher on April 1st, 2010, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2010, 11:10 am #5

i have been registered for quite a while and i received an email last night
saying welcome to the forum.. your user name is (xxxxxx) and your password is (xxxxxxx).... is this legit????

cindyc
I received one of those e-mails too.

I thought it was fishing at first and almost deleted it. Then I thought I'd check the notwork54 SCF forum first and see if anything was posted about it.

Is that forum associated with this one? Is the new forum replacing this one? What's the deal?

I can't get into the new forum without logging in, and since this new ID and password were sent to me totally unsolicited out of the blue, and without any other reference, I don't trust it.

What's the deal? Is this supposed to be an invite-only, drama free zone or something? A little heads up might have been nice. Seems rather shady to me.

More info is required before I'm going there.

April 1st, 2010, 11:11 am #6

...don't worry, there is a software technical maintenance/development taking place which will require new passwords. More details to follow...

Harry Teicher

cindyc

April 1st, 2010, 11:13 am #7

I thought it was fishing at first and almost deleted it. Then I thought I'd check the notwork54 SCF forum first and see if anything was posted about it.

Is that forum associated with this one? Is the new forum replacing this one? What's the deal?

I can't get into the new forum without logging in, and since this new ID and password were sent to me totally unsolicited out of the blue, and without any other reference, I don't trust it.

What's the deal? Is this supposed to be an invite-only, drama free zone or something? A little heads up might have been nice. Seems rather shady to me.

...there is a software technical maintenance/development taking place which will require new passwords. Just continue using SCWF as per usual.

Harry Teicher

April 1st, 2010, 11:16 am #8

seen anything from the mod's posted on this. i will wait for them to say something before i start using the "new" info sent to me. (no offense to anyone intended)

cindyc

April 1st, 2010, 11:16 am #9

Indeed (entering holding pattern)

April 1st, 2010, 11:21 am #10

...there is a software technical maintenance/development taking place which will require new passwords. Just continue using SCWF as per usual.

Harry Teicher

This appears to be a new board, not maintenance. Is this URL just a new reference to the same notwork54 site? Or is it a fancy way to gather user passwords, hoping that users on this new forum will use change their login to use the same password they use on this forum.

Sounds paranoid, sure, but I don't trust ANYTHING that comes unsolicited like that.