This Bad Boy ...showed up on the baydar...this morning..

This Bad Boy ...showed up on the baydar...this morning..

May 28th, 2008, 8:05 am #1

Quartz Calibre 7C46-6009 Day-Date Display

Seller Claims its a prototype...

Sample Case????

Looks a little weird...

What do you think???

May 28th, 2008, 12:07 pm #2

Seiko would put together a watch, less
the movement, and mark it as a SAMPLE.

RICK

May 28th, 2008, 4:38 pm #3

Quartz Calibre 7C46-6009 Day-Date Display

Seller Claims its a prototype...

Sample Case????

Looks a little weird...

What do you think???
<P align=left>Here is what the auction has to say about this one:

<P align=left>--------------------------------------------------------------

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=5><STRONG>ULTRA  RARE </STRONG></FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=5><STRONG>and </STRONG></FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=5><STRONG>IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#002cfd size=6><STRONG>SEIKO Quartz Professional Diver's 600 meters </STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#002cfd size=6><STRONG>PROTOTYPE</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>On the Caseback is stamped SAMPLE !( ...LOOK the Pics)</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#58712a size=4><STRONG>Quartz Calibre 7C46-6009 Day-Date Display, the Best Movement Seiko everymade !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#58712a size=4><STRONG>Thermo-Compensatic - High Precision -Smootly Advancement !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Sapphire Domed Crystal </STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Big Screwed Crown and Large Module S/Steel Case (45mm without crown)with  Titanium Nitrure Coated (Very Rare! ...but it's a prototype!!)</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Rubber Hi Quality Straps</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>22mm lugs</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>15mm tickness(ca)</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>120 click unidirectional bezel !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Superluminova ( ..I believe...) Dial and Index .</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Absolutely Rare and Collectors piece !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Mint , Never Used !(.... I believe )</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>All Function are PERFECT !!</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>ONLY SERIOUS BIDDER , Please !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>NOTE : Passed Tested Waterproof ! </STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>...So , it's ready for Diving !!!!</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>New Battery ( 5 years) inside !!!</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left>Lets see: Prototype? Thermocompensated 7c46? Sapphire crystal? Niture (did he mean nitrate)? Smooth advancement [of the second hand i'm guessing] (does he realize this is a quartz)? Super luminova (in a seiko)?  It is also mint and never used (just disregard the battery change marks on the case back) , but he did open it to put a 5 year battery in it (it takes a 10 year battery, but Hey, It's a prototype).

<P align=left>Now look at this old post by Jneds on TZUK showing this exact watch's brother and making no such stupid claims:

<P align=left>http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42846

<P align=left>I would be highly sceptical of this seller and his claims.  he might have 100% feedback, but he clearly doesn't know anything about this watch and is misrepresenting the hell out of it.  That plus, I would not like to spend this kind of money and have to rely on the italian postal system for delivery.  Sorry, I love italy and it's people, but their postal system is just too unreliable and filled with sticky fingers for me to trust shipping any products of this type through it.  I would pass on this one.

<P align=left> 

"People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."

GO HOKIES

May 28th, 2008, 5:58 pm #4

and by the way remember the 6138 chrono I paid over $600 for????
I was actually able to get my money back...the seller actually refunded me.
Thanks soo much once again for your support with that particular scenario.
Now I can spend it on 3-4 watches rather than one....

I forgot to tell you that it was in really bad shape when I received it.
Besides the movement and the case, everything else was aftermarket, according to Seiko Service Center in Barcelona....So the seller was nice enough to refund me..and now the item is for sale again with the right description this time...

Thanks Isthmus.

May 28th, 2008, 6:00 pm #5

Seiko would put together a watch, less
the movement, and mark it as a SAMPLE.

RICK
I'm hoping there is a movement in that case...right??
At the risk of sounding stupid....there is a movement in there right???

May 28th, 2008, 6:28 pm #6

and by the way remember the 6138 chrono I paid over $600 for????
I was actually able to get my money back...the seller actually refunded me.
Thanks soo much once again for your support with that particular scenario.
Now I can spend it on 3-4 watches rather than one....

I forgot to tell you that it was in really bad shape when I received it.
Besides the movement and the case, everything else was aftermarket, according to Seiko Service Center in Barcelona....So the seller was nice enough to refund me..and now the item is for sale again with the right description this time...

Thanks Isthmus.
take care.

GO HOKIES

May 28th, 2008, 6:31 pm #7

I'm hoping there is a movement in that case...right??
At the risk of sounding stupid....there is a movement in there right???
many sample watches have had movements put in at a later date but you have no guarantee.

------------------------------------------------

May 28th, 2008, 6:34 pm #8

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=5><STRONG>ULTRA  RARE </STRONG></FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=5><STRONG>and </STRONG></FONT><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=5><STRONG>IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#002cfd size=6><STRONG>SEIKO Quartz Professional Diver's 600 meters </STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#002cfd size=6><STRONG>PROTOTYPE</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>On the Caseback is stamped SAMPLE !( ...LOOK the Pics)</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#58712a size=4><STRONG>Quartz Calibre 7C46-6009 Day-Date Display, the Best Movement Seiko everymade !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#58712a size=4><STRONG>Thermo-Compensatic - High Precision -Smootly Advancement !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Sapphire Domed Crystal </STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Big Screwed Crown and Large Module S/Steel Case (45mm without crown)with  Titanium Nitrure Coated (Very Rare! ...but it's a prototype!!)</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Rubber Hi Quality Straps</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>22mm lugs</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>15mm tickness(ca)</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>120 click unidirectional bezel !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Superluminova ( ..I believe...) Dial and Index .</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Absolutely Rare and Collectors piece !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>Mint , Never Used !(.... I believe )</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>All Function are PERFECT !!</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>ONLY SERIOUS BIDDER , Please !</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>NOTE : Passed Tested Waterproof ! </STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>...So , it's ready for Diving !!!!</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left><FONT face=Arial color=#ff0010 size=4><STRONG>New Battery ( 5 years) inside !!!</STRONG></FONT>

<P align=left>Lets see: Prototype? Thermocompensated 7c46? Sapphire crystal? Niture (did he mean nitrate)? Smooth advancement [of the second hand i'm guessing] (does he realize this is a quartz)? Super luminova (in a seiko)?  It is also mint and never used (just disregard the battery change marks on the case back) , but he did open it to put a 5 year battery in it (it takes a 10 year battery, but Hey, It's a prototype).

<P align=left>Now look at this old post by Jneds on TZUK showing this exact watch's brother and making no such stupid claims:

<P align=left>I would be highly sceptical of this seller and his claims.  he might have 100% feedback, but he clearly doesn't know anything about this watch and is misrepresenting the hell out of it.  That plus, I would not like to spend this kind of money and have to rely on the italian postal system for delivery.  Sorry, I love italy and it's people, but their postal system is just too unreliable and filled with sticky fingers for me to trust shipping any products of this type through it.  I would pass on this one.

<P align=left> 

GO HOKIES
I would say it's about the Rarest quartz Professional Divers watch made by Seiko.
This watch is so rare, that hardly nobody even own's one to display & one hardly ever see's one available for sale, let alone seeing them displayed in forum post's! I'm not referring to this exact watch naturally, but to the model as a whole.

The word (Prototype) as we know means:

"A Standard Typical example, or a Full-scale working model of something built for study or testing or display"

This watch case stamped (Sample),
was a "Seiko Salesman's sample" to bring to the various Seiko dealers to show & display in advance of the watches actual production.
~ It was for all practical purposes "a primary example" of what was to come, and to be produced by the Seiko company and qualifies to be called a (prototype design) sample!

Hey this seller mentioned is from (Italy) right? I mean let's give the language barrier or gap a little leeway shall we. Of-course he's streching words & meanings, but we should be able to understand what he means?

Many realize that english isn't exactly spelled or pronounced correctly in many countries as we would all like to see!
~ Just look at my English! lol,haha

The 7C46 quartz movement I do believe is designed & built with "thermal compensation abilities" in mind & can withstand extream temperature variances.
~ That being one of the reasons the movement was the chosen movement of choice at the time & still is going strong today in the current 1000m Quartz Darth Tuna (The SBBN011).

This watch didn't come with any movement installed, but the seller added a 7C46 quartz movement to complete the watch case body & make it a working example.

A 10 year battery?...come on!
I think the documentation show's the Seiko 7C46 is a 5 year shelf life silver oxide battery.
These watches never came with a 10 year battery and it's very doubtful they do now to my knowledge.
~ So I see no problem with the seller's statement of a 5 year battery, that's correct as far as I know.

Crystal:
The seller is wrong, if he states it has the original sapphire crystal.
~ These never came with a sapphire, and were supplied with a domed hardlex mineral crystal.

I'm very familar with (Jneds) or Neil's post & watch, and he does state that they are very scarce & hard to come by, that one hardly ever see's one for sale.
~ I'm thinking he also knows & agree's with how rare these watches are & he basically say's that in his post!

Super Luminova & Lumibrite,
what's the issue?
what did Seiko use in there watches in the 1980's? What ever was used is really not important, the lume is 100% fantastic!

Why do I speak as one with knowledge here? Simply because I have some knowledge of this watch body!
~ I have one!

Hey lets agree that Italy hasn't got the best track record of Postal honesty, that's true but either do some other areas in the world of WISdom.
~ But rather, why condemn what appears to be a good seller, trying to do the best he can advertiseing his item for sale?

Just a few thoughts of this subject, and that of my own opinion. But I can see & kind of agree with Gabes concerned thoughts about the watch.
Jimmy
Last edited by Poseidon-Jim on May 28th, 2008, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 24th, 2008, 1:18 am #9

<P align=left> 

GO HOKIES
Hi Gabe,

A poster on Watchuseek messaged me about this watch last month. As you know I own an 7C46-6009. When looking for spare parts for a full refurb, I was offered a sample case for sale (not from Italy). The watch did not come with a movement, and had an black (same colour as the original 7C46 module) day/date wheel decal. This watch is fitted with a modern day 7C46 module - the silver day/date wheels give it away. And as we know, this movement is not thermocompensated. After seeing this "watch", I've asked Seiko to overhaul the original module but retain at all costs the original date wheels.

As for the rest of the sellers tripe. Nothing much to say really...

All the best,

Alex
Last edited by Al-lid on June 24th, 2008, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.