Talk about over priced.

Talk about over priced.

April 1st, 2010, 6:45 pm #1

On eBay right now there is a seller with a Seiko 4004 quartz asking $7,000.00!

I can't post the listing because it is still going on , but if you search seiko sq quartz 4004 you'll find it.

I asked the guy "why so much?" and his response was because it is "old & rare" .

Where do these people get their pricing from?

April 1st, 2010, 6:59 pm #2

If so, I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to sell him.

April 1st, 2010, 7:02 pm #3

I can't post the listing because it is still going on , but if you search seiko sq quartz 4004 you'll find it.

I asked the guy "why so much?" and his response was because it is "old & rare" .

surprised it has not been sold yet !! and mine is still available for a tenth of that price (please) LoL

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/me ... this+Seiko

TheTigerUK

<center>

"Only someone who's eyes could spot a piece of fly s**t in a pound of black pepper could tell the difference !!"

It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little moneythat is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do ... If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)
</center>

April 1st, 2010, 7:11 pm #4

"whatever the traffic will bear". Been around as long as Man has.

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." -- Lou Holtz

April 1st, 2010, 7:22 pm #5

..same seller has another watch for $100,000

Mike

April 1st, 2010, 8:32 pm #6

If so, I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to sell him.

TheTigerUK

<center>

"Only someone who's eyes could spot a piece of fly s**t in a pound of black pepper could tell the difference !!"

It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little moneythat is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do ... If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)
</center>

April 1st, 2010, 11:20 pm #7

with a car one time, to get people to quit asking him if he wanted to sell it (he didn't), and low and behold even asking a totally absurd price someone walked up and wrote him a check!

The worst that can happen for grossly overpriced items is... we'll laugh? I doubt the seller cares (though we know it will never sell for that).

I guess it gives grist for our Forum mill, if nothing else.
Last edited by TheFastest on April 1st, 2010, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2010, 12:14 am #8

Maybe it's in Pesos.:)

April 2nd, 2010, 3:01 am #9

...told him he had me going there for a minute, till I realized it was April Fool's day. :D

Dan N