Please Suggest Some Seiko/Citizen/Orient Research Projects...

Please Suggest Some Seiko/Citizen/Orient Research Projects...

April 23rd, 2008, 1:57 pm #1

Guys, As we build the forum, we want to also continue to build the knowledge base. Posts of the "Look at what I bought" variety are always good fun. However I'm hoping to continue the saving of the collective knowledge into cohesive articles stored in the Forum's FAQ.

Several of us have written guides and collected information over the years. Many of these posts have become quick go-to reference guides for the purchase and/or maintenance of both new and especially vintage time pieces.

I'd like your help in coming up with new research topics regarding the watches we love, which you think would make worth while articles for future reference. Anything is good - detailed model reviews, movement breakdowns, technical opinions, vintage model research, etc. Anything is good and wanted.

Please post any ideas for specific research projects you'd like to see undertaken(please be realistic), and also please volunteer to take on some of the projects (feel free to work in groups).

I've posted the same request over at WUS's Seiko forum and thus far the following has been suggested"

1. A Guide for Beginners (which I'm guessing is general advice for the beginner collector); and

2. A brief history of each of the major Japanese brands.

I have also added to the list:

1. a Guide to 6106 Sport Divers;

2. A guide to 6105 divers;

3. a guide to 7002 Divers (Which I've already written); and

4. a technical breakdown and comparison of the 6r15 vs. the eta 2824.

Don't forget, that the forum is what we make it. Let's help make it a true resource for serious collectors and hobbyists.

Now let's hear those suggestions.

"People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."

GO HOKIES
Last edited by Isthmus on April 23rd, 2008, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2008, 3:11 pm #2

not much info available on that.

thanks.

April 23rd, 2008, 3:21 pm #3

Guys, As we build the forum, we want to also continue to build the knowledge base. Posts of the "Look at what I bought" variety are always good fun. However I'm hoping to continue the saving of the collective knowledge into cohesive articles stored in the Forum's FAQ.

Several of us have written guides and collected information over the years. Many of these posts have become quick go-to reference guides for the purchase and/or maintenance of both new and especially vintage time pieces.

I'd like your help in coming up with new research topics regarding the watches we love, which you think would make worth while articles for future reference. Anything is good - detailed model reviews, movement breakdowns, technical opinions, vintage model research, etc. Anything is good and wanted.

Please post any ideas for specific research projects you'd like to see undertaken(please be realistic), and also please volunteer to take on some of the projects (feel free to work in groups).

I've posted the same request over at WUS's Seiko forum and thus far the following has been suggested"

1. A Guide for Beginners (which I'm guessing is general advice for the beginner collector); and

Don't forget, that the forum is what we make it. Let's help make it a true resource for serious collectors and hobbyists.

GO HOKIES

April 23rd, 2008, 3:23 pm #4

GO HOKIES
nt

April 23rd, 2008, 3:25 pm #5

GO HOKIES
nt

April 23rd, 2008, 3:36 pm #6

nt
The old TZ charts are getting a little long in the tooth and along with numerous errors are lacking much of Seiko's new caliber offerings.

------------------------------------------------

April 23rd, 2008, 3:43 pm #7

GO HOKIES
would be great, too.

Cheers,

Ralf (watchbear-71)

"Man invented time, Seiko perfected it."
Last edited by watchbear-71 on April 23rd, 2008, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2008, 4:43 pm #8

GO HOKIES
...for the chrongraphs, Seikomatics etc etc, along the lines of:

Regards, Harry
"I hate signatures, thats why I dont have one!"

April 23rd, 2008, 4:57 pm #9

GO HOKIES

"I may discount bungee jump, but I'll never smoke weed with Willie again"

April 23rd, 2008, 6:40 pm #10

GO HOKIES
would be helpful.

Tony Lewis
New Zealand