I have a perpetual calander question

I have a perpetual calander question

April 1st, 2010, 10:42 pm #1

I have a few perpetuals and one of them ran out of battery a month and a half ago. well when I got around to putting a new battery in today I flipped the watch over and it had the right date and time?? Dis it have just enough juice in the battery to remember the time and date?

April 1st, 2010, 10:45 pm #2

Because I was looking at the wrong watch. I was looking at my black one not my blue one. Ok New question. How do you set the right date and time on these perpetuals?

April 1st, 2010, 10:52 pm #3

TheTigerUK

<center>

"Only someone who's eyes could spot a piece of fly s**t in a pound of black pepper could tell the difference !!"

It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little moneythat is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do ... If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
John Ruskin (1819-1900)
</center>

April 1st, 2010, 10:58 pm #4

Because I was looking at the wrong watch. I was looking at my black one not my blue one. Ok New question. How do you set the right date and time on these perpetuals?
and go through a set procedure of making 3 contacts in sequence...
here is a Reto link showing how. You could also take the watch in and have a Seiko service center do it or anyone familiar with the procedure.
If the seconds hand ticks over in 2 second increments, the battery will need changing soon and you are given 3 minutes to install the correct battery. If you take longer, then the software for setting the calendar must be reset via the above procedure! good luck haha!
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/Seiko/TiPerpCalBackOpen.htm

April 1st, 2010, 10:58 pm #5

be reset. Unlike some quartz where its just a simple matter of shorting the battery against a "reset" point, the perpetuals need to be reset by a competant watchmaker familiar with Seikos or send it to Coserv, the factory service center in the states. I've done both and the latter cost 4X as much ($20ish vs $80+) but Coserv just won't reset it they replace the movement along with the battery (I guess its quicker for them?) and I suppose its a good deal if the watch is worth keeping.
Good luck,

April 2nd, 2010, 1:33 am #6

NO way. Here he is. He drinks toooo much.

April 2nd, 2010, 3:31 am #7

nt

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." -- Lou Holtz