Citizen GTZs

Citizen GTZs

December 30th, 2002, 3:48 pm #1

Saw a couple of these today. One was a angular looking two register bullhead with a day/date at the six and a mechanical alarm watch. Anyone know if these are worth collecting???

December 30th, 2002, 4:32 pm #2

Citizen chronographs are unqiue and break thru in design but seiko chronographs are more popular. If price is reasonable, you maybe consider to get some of it.

December 30th, 2002, 7:58 pm #3

Citizen chronos are so small on my wrists. And since I make it a rule to buy only wtches I can wear these Citizen chronos are not usually a consideration. Maybe if they arent taken yet Ill post them on the TF. Either way Ill take some pictures to show.

John W
John W

December 30th, 2002, 7:58 pm #4

Saw a couple of these today. One was a angular looking two register bullhead with a day/date at the six and a mechanical alarm watch. Anyone know if these are worth collecting???
I think the Citz. alarms may be less common than their bullheads. I don't think Citizen sold nearly as many chronos. or alarms as did Seiko so either model is far less common, at least here in the States. The chronos are flyback design that can be reset to zero with the reset button and will start counting again w/o using the start/stop button. I'm not sure, though, that being less common makes them more valuable than Seiko. models. I paid about $40 for each of mine.
John