Anyone having the same feelings as me ref the new forum...Edit..>>>

Anyone having the same feelings as me ref the new forum...Edit..>>>

April 3rd, 2010, 12:46 pm #1

Just cant get used to it and find my self back here in my comfort Zone.
Its cold over there and the friendship feel seems to have gone,its all like msn messaging between two people.The site is hard to navigate,too many options of where to look and where to post.Trade forums with more than one option to view.I know i could go on but im trying not to be too negative as its just not where i want to spend my time anymore.At least here if you wanted to read then post there was one option and if you wanted to look on the trade forum there was again one option...Easy and uncomplicated.Wondered if anyone has been over to the new site felt like me and made their way back here?
Dont get me wrong ive logged in on the new site,did the whole thing but for the first time in 5yrs of being part of this forum i just dont want to post on the new site as it seems to get lost in the maize of options and me being me never thought i would ever become a lurker.

Theneilo uk

Last edited by theneilo1 on April 3rd, 2010, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2010, 12:53 pm #2

...thinking maybe I am missing out on something important going on
Takes a bit of getting used to but it is a great site to rival any, with all its info and various areas, I will be happy for months trying to catch up on reading.
By the way, I have changed my user name to Casiojem to reflect the proportion of my collection nowadays!
See you over on 'the other side' soon Neilo!
Jem

April 3rd, 2010, 12:57 pm #3

but like Jem, I find the new site no prob at all. The posters from here are there, so that makes it all familiar again. The main psychological difference to me is the smaller area of the viewing page...but like going from a Van to a 350Z Nissan (!), it just takes a bit of time to readjust!

April 3rd, 2010, 1:26 pm #4

Its cold over there and the friendship feel seems to have gone,its all like msn messaging between two people.The site is hard to navigate,too many options of where to look and where to post.Trade forums with more than one option to view.I know i could go on but im trying not to be too negative as its just not where i want to spend my time anymore.At least here if you wanted to read then post there was one option and if you wanted to look on the trade forum there was again one option...Easy and uncomplicated.Wondered if anyone has been over to the new site felt like me and made their way back here?
Dont get me wrong ive logged in on the new site,did the whole thing but for the first time in 5yrs of being part of this forum i just dont want to post on the new site as it seems to get lost in the maize of options and me being me never thought i would ever become a lurker.

Theneilo uk

Why not continue with this forum Neilo? Not to mention trying to sign in to that new forum is an excercise in futility for me. It keeps telling me there is already a member with my name. Very frustrating.

"I try to be the man my dog thinks I am."

April 3rd, 2010, 2:04 pm #5

Theneilo uk

... I did not sign for the new one and I probably will not.
I signed in for this forum because I liked the way it was, I mean the chronological set up, and the subjects mixed.
Everybody was able to see everybody's post, as you say a group of friends.
The new set up is like all other forums and I am not comfortable with it.
So maybe this post will be one of the last, or if this forum is still going then I will only post here.

Staiiff
The French Frog
"The French Connection Award" winner

April 3rd, 2010, 2:17 pm #6

Theneilo uk

...there's over 40 online now, and its the old gang!

Seriously, though, the notwork54 software, familiar and comfortable as it is, is just no longer a viable solution for the SCWF. I miss the familiarity too (and find myself checking in here), but the new will become familiar, and seeing all the familiar names and the general excitement over the move reminds me that the SCWF has just changed software, nothing else. I had exactly the same experience when I was active on the SOHC motorcycle forum, it took a month to settle in and I never looked back.

Whats important, though, is that as many as possible give the new software a chance, and maintain the humor, focus and dedication that has always been the mainstay of the SCWF.

Harry Teicher

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." -Gabriel Gudding
Last edited by Harry_Teicher on April 3rd, 2010, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 3rd, 2010, 2:24 pm #7

Theneilo uk

similar to TZ-UK set up, now I only go on two forum SCWF and TZ-UK in over 12mths I have approx 50 post on TZ simply because I preferred this old place, but as things  have moved on given a bit of time I am sure we will all get used to it, new members are one thing but it won't be the same if the old ones don't come across.

Geran

Is this my Signature?

April 3rd, 2010, 3:16 pm #8

Theneilo uk

the new format but as Harry & others have pointed out, most of the old gang is still with us. If anything, we can have a good laugh as we all try to "find ourselves"! They'll be plenty of laughs comparing notes that's for sure. I'll tell you one thing, I like so many others will not miss the trolls. Personally, I'm overwhelmed with technology at present but this is not a throwing out the baby with the bathwater scenario here. Go at your own pace. After all, good things come to those that wait and this changeover is a good thing. All we ask is that folks be patient as we go through this process.

Russ

April 3rd, 2010, 3:31 pm #9

Theneilo uk

But the friendship is not gone, just have to figure
out out to find things.

-----------------------------
you have to wear & abuse that watch for a year to see if it is any good...

April 3rd, 2010, 3:55 pm #10

Theneilo uk

We are all there !!

Cheers!!

Jim