Why is this So?

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

1:19 AM - Jun 22, 2018 #1

Sitting on my deck this morning I was feeling the connectedness with all other parts of this planet when a question arose in my mind. 'If you are so connected with all of this why are you humans so different?'

Taking the original thought onwards, why have no other animals risen to compete with us? why no other primates 'planet of the apes!' style?.

We are so far away from all of our fellow animals, yet when we feel for them it is in a paternalistic way and not as a brother or sister.

I am logically convinced that there is little difference between us, but that small amount seemed to me this morning as huge...

crow
Fifth
Fifth

2:15 AM - Jun 22, 2018 #2

Being "logically convinced" pretty much ensures the truth will never be known, since it must always conform to the idea of logic.
Logic counts for nothing in the greater Reality. A clever mind trick, imagined by humans. Convincing, yes, until one sees through it.
Nothing else - as far as humans know - employs human logic. That alone probably accounts for their apparent isolation from every other living thing.

I can't say I know the truth of your particular question, but it seems clear to me that humans don't belong on this Earth.
This conviction is reinforced, daily, by the obviousness of my own lack of commonality with humans. Either it is me, or it is they, but one or the other is alien to this place.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

4:37 AM - Jun 22, 2018 #3

Oh! well Crow: If you believe in reincarnation (I don't), then you might be around when they get the final goodbye sometime in the next 1 million years, sooner if there is a collision with a heavenly body...

All is change, nothing remains, apart from nature and the tao and whatever is shooting up in this amazingly fecund planet. I never cease to observe the stupidity of those around me who apart from a logical thought about their death, can never come to grips with the reality of it and the constant change around them.

crow
Fifth
Fifth

6:04 AM - Jun 22, 2018 #4

None of it matters. Only the moment of life. This moment.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.