Surprise cut 'n' paste from deleted thread...

crow
Fifth
Fifth

January 15th, 2018, 7:48 pm #1

Behind the curtain you never knew was there, it is light.
The light is deepest black.
And laughter has its day.

(A snippet of description, describing Spiritual Enlightenment.)

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

July 10th, 2018, 11:11 pm #2

The light is darkest black reminded me of this http://www.nonduality.com/dazdark.htm which I have posted before but I took this part out of it as it refers to the darkness.

"Moreover that wonderful “eternal life of everywhere” was still there, right behind my eyes—or more accurately, at the back of my head—continually recreating my whole personal body-mind consciousness afresh, instant by instant, now! and now! and now! That’s no mere metaphor for a vague sensation; it was so palpably real that I put my hand up to probe the back of my skull, half wondering if the doctors had sawn part of it away to open my head to infinity. Yet it wasn’t in the least a feeling of being damaged; it was more like having had a cataract taken off my brain, letting me experience the world and myself properly for the first time—for that lovely dark radiance seemed to reveal the essence of everything as holy.

I felt like exclaiming, “Of course! That’s absolutely right!” and applauding every single thing with tears of gratitude"

crow
Fifth
Fifth

July 12th, 2018, 10:58 pm #3

This describes what it felt like after returning, immediately post-enlightenment.
I seemed to span two different continuums, floating, rather than walking; feet not quite touching the ground.
Not being anything to do with mind, it rather defies attempts to describe it via language.

Silent calm.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

July 13th, 2018, 5:13 am #4

i spoke to John on a couple of occasions in the 90's and was keen to meet him as he was the first person I had run across who seemed to have real experience, and not some drummed up BS. He was busy writing his book '9:15 to nirvana' unfortunately, he died before finishing it.

It is an interesting read because of how he became enlightened, he was poisoned on a bus.