Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

10:02 PM - Sep 30, 2018 #51

That is somewhere where we differ, I live in the country like you and I watch them often and they seem in perfect harmony with reality. Sure they could not quote the TTC but their enlightenment always seems complete in their way. As your enlightenment is complete in your way. Are you not a savage living in the way?

crow
Fifth
Fifth

2:20 AM - Oct 01, 2018 #52

I was alluding to the self-evident truth that raccoons have no use for enlightenment, never having diverged from Reality in the first place, unlike humans, who must (if they choose to) rediscover it. 
Sure, I'm a savage, but a rather civilized one. At least until assaulted. Then I make like a raccoon and go apeshit :) 
Oh, I crack myself up :) 
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

3:52 AM - Oct 01, 2018 #53

Yeah! Made me smile as well.
We are similar in that way. I was attacked by a truckie about 10 years ago with a similar outcome. I think they assume we are old and feeble, he was surprised as I am sure your idiot was as well?

crow
Fifth
Fifth

4:29 AM - Oct 01, 2018 #54

I read, somewhere, some time ago, about how raccoons are a bit like Shaolin monks. Perfectly docile and calm, until they suddenly lose it, bigtime, and turn into enraged tigers. 
Very moody, and unpredictable, too. Honesty personified. Not always what people like, for sure, but a valuable skill, nonetheless. 
I got politely bitten, just this evening, by a generally cuddly baby, hard enough to get my attention, but not quite enough to break the skin. 
With 14 of them milling around, feeding, it's a wonder it doesn't happen far more often than it does. 
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

4:33 AM - Oct 01, 2018 #55

We have possums here and although friendly enough (apart from nesting in the roof), they can get it very wrong and assume one of your toes is a grape. Happened to me a few years ago...