crow
Fifth
Fifth

August 22nd, 2018, 8:24 pm #41

Well. Here it is. The amazing new look of our forum, about which none of us can do anything. 
What a mess. 
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Water
Black
Black

August 23rd, 2018, 12:20 am #42

Jarring. This is much more intrusive on android than the previous design, popups and such. Did zetaboards push out a update?
What's with the donate link at the bottom  of the index page? Does that support you or zetaboards?

Edit: site is now more sluggish > higher cpu usage, noticeable on low power mobile device. Too much javascript.
Chat box is gone? I keep getting popups to use tapatalk chat room.

crow
Fifth
Fifth

August 23rd, 2018, 12:59 am #43

Zetaboards was recently bought out by this outfit, so we're stuck with it. 
No, the donate button is non-negotiable, except to not use it. Ever. 
I'm not brave enough to try to initiate the chatbox thing. Who knows what might happen? 
So far, it looks to me like our site is toast. 
Oh well... 
"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Water
Black
Black

August 23rd, 2018, 9:45 am #44

It might be possible to write a custom CSS/JSON template (or reuse the old ones, if the code is handy) to change the forums appearance on the users end. I haven't done any coding in years, good incentive to pick it up again. 

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

August 24th, 2018, 12:06 pm #45

The big question is do our posts still disappear daily? If not, we might be able to get to a stage where this site is more compatible with its (few) users. I am sure Crow will disagree as I think he quite enjoys the constant refreshing in a world of movement and change!