Black

May 6th, 2017, 6:21 am #1

“Become who you are!”

- Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra: A Book for All and None

crow
Fifth
Fifth

May 6th, 2017, 6:37 am #2

That's perilously close to being a new-age slogan. It's true, of course, and good advice, but how many could see it for what it is?
Did Nietzsche, even? I understand he was the one who claimed nothing had any meaning.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Oscar
Second
Second
Oscar
Second
Second

May 6th, 2017, 7:13 am #3

I suppose that most maybe all new age ideas came out of something real. That's muck to wade through for sure if you're not very intuitive. I just encountered someone who discredit Osho for all the typical reasons claiming he duped people with meditations and drugs to steal their money. I guess that it must appear that way if you cannot tell that he is legit. People are much afraid of frauds they can't tell what is real.

crow
Fifth
Fifth

May 6th, 2017, 7:18 am #4

Just tonight I read a comment from someone, somewhere:
"God sounds pretty egotistical to me".
I quietly chuckled. What could you say to something like that? It's so crazy on so many levels.

May 7th, 2017, 9:02 am #5

In my experience, people project their own nonsense onto God. Fred Phelps, of the Westboro Baptist Church, believed in a God partially defined by anger. Why's that? Oh, yeah. Phelps was a total rage-case.

"God sounds pretty egotistical to me." What, because you're not Him?

crow
Fifth
Fifth

May 17th, 2018, 6:47 pm #6

Some people like blaming God for everything. It's perfect! God never mounts a defense. There are no consequences!
Except, of course, for the big consequence of the blamer having a terrible life (to rage about, and blame God for).