A little Epiphany last week

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

August 18th, 2018, 12:44 am #1

Had a coffee with someone and they said: "what politicians have you admired in the last 25 years?" I thought about it and had to say NONE!

Taking this a little further over the next few days I realised that I am not right wing, left wing or any wing. On top of that, I do not want my opinions and thinking to be driven by any 'ism' of any kind. I am capable of forming my own thoughts without any reference to anyone or anything.

Now, I have found this refreshing and freeing, I could not give a stuff about left-wing madness, right-wing madness, climate change crap science, Trump in any form or anything else that stands in the way of, and pushes me into cliched thinking and 'not quite me' thoughts.

crow
Fifth
Fifth

August 21st, 2018, 5:47 pm #2

Politics is a popular form of madness. When enough delusional people become addicted to politics, you get what we've got.
Pollutics.

"Squawk!" said the crow, and then made space.

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

August 22nd, 2018, 3:53 am #3

The ongoing part of this is that I am taking some time to get used to thinking about things without the clamps of ideology on me. This is a refreshing thing for me to rethink my answers in general conversation.

It is not like enlightenment but it is a lovely feeling of pseudo-freedom!

Ardy
Second
Second
Ardy
Second
Second

September 6th, 2018, 6:24 am #4

I have expanded this form of thinking to encompass everything. As a friend of mine stated 'you have become an anarchist'.

He also stated that the Tao has been far more effective in dealing with a method to enlightenment than raw Buddhism.