Should I start BCP's

Should I start BCP's

June 2nd, 2007, 12:44 am #1

My doctor's office was supposed to call me back today about my "next step", but no one ever called. It's been 36 days since my last period. I did a progesterone shot almost 3 weeks ago with no AF. My doctor only reviews charts on Thursdays and Fridays. I will be out of town next week, so I would really like to get something started. If I wait much longer I will ovulating while I'm out of town again and I won't be able to do my first IUI. I have some sample BCP's that they gave me when I had a cyst. Would it hurt if I started them? I want to get a cycle started and I still have a small cyst (6 mm) that I've had for almost 6 months. Would it hurt anything? Do you think I should wait?

Colleen
Colleen

June 2nd, 2007, 2:17 am #2

I am "supposed" to get my AF tomorrow. I never get it though. It has been 18 months. Tomorrow is day 28 after provera. I am giving it until tuesday and if it does not come I will start the script of bcp's then. Not sure if I am doing the right thing but my RE has not returned my call since yesterday and I must say at 42 I am one impatient lady! LOL!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Any thoughts?

Colleen

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2007, 2:24 am #3

It's sounds like we are in the same boat. The progesterone shot should take 2-14 days. I had the shot almost 3 weeks ago. I think I'm starting the pill tonight. If I'm am in premature ovarian failure, I can't waste any time.

Colleen
Colleen

June 2nd, 2007, 2:29 am #4

My boat is sinking I think!
Progesterone shot?
I have never had that before. Is it like prometrium or provera? My RE said that when I take provera and it takes 2 weeks to get my af that sometimes it can make you ovulate while on it. I have to say that I am not sure that I buy it. It takes me so long to have an af and then when I do I regret that it ever came. Sooo painful. My re did not call and I have to say that I am really pssssssst o--! Oh well, I am on the back burner again. I have been there for 18 months now. Hate it. Let me know how you make out. I would love to keep in touch to compare notes. I wish you all the best!

Colleen

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2007, 12:27 pm #5

I'm trying to stay positive about everything, but I am pissed that no one from the doctor's office called. I even left a message saying I need to know today before I go out of town next week. NO RESPONSE. I suppose everyone wants an answer now, but I really needed one. Well, hopefully in 3 weeks, AF will start and I can start IUI.

Sending you positive vibes.....

Colleen
Colleen

June 2nd, 2007, 12:30 pm #6

on your trip? Can you give him a cell number to call you on Monday? Maybe you don't want to deal with it while you are gone. I woke up in the middle of the night with anxiety attacks about this. no wonder i don't get my AF.! I am starting the pills on Tuesday.

Colleen

Nancy
Nancy

June 2nd, 2007, 4:41 pm #7

My doctor's office was supposed to call me back today about my "next step", but no one ever called. It's been 36 days since my last period. I did a progesterone shot almost 3 weeks ago with no AF. My doctor only reviews charts on Thursdays and Fridays. I will be out of town next week, so I would really like to get something started. If I wait much longer I will ovulating while I'm out of town again and I won't be able to do my first IUI. I have some sample BCP's that they gave me when I had a cyst. Would it hurt if I started them? I want to get a cycle started and I still have a small cyst (6 mm) that I've had for almost 6 months. Would it hurt anything? Do you think I should wait?
Hello. i just wanted to share with you that I think you will be okay taking the bcp's. If anything they will help you, they definately will not harm you. I am currently taking 9 weeks of birthcontrol because my RE wants to shut down my ovaries to begin invitro. He also stated that ovaries benefit from the hormones in the bcp's. So, I really think you will be just fine! How high is your fsh level? Mine is 24.7. I know how hard it is and in our situation every day really counts. Good luck. Baby dust to you all............... Nancy

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2007, 6:10 pm #8

My FSH level on Day 3 in January was normal. Since stopping the pill in July, I ovulated in August and September, but nothing after that. I started Clomid in January and ovulated twice, but I decided to try on my own. Unfortunately, I did not ovulate. My FSH late in cycle (Day 20-35) was in the 70-80's. No one has told me the significance of a high FSH late in cycle, but I'm guessing it's still concerning. I'm really hoping the that the BCP's start AF. I guess I'll know in 3 weeks.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 2nd, 2007, 6:15 pm #9

on your trip? Can you give him a cell number to call you on Monday? Maybe you don't want to deal with it while you are gone. I woke up in the middle of the night with anxiety attacks about this. no wonder i don't get my AF.! I am starting the pills on Tuesday.

Colleen
I'm gone next Thursday through Sunday. My doctor only reviews charts on Thursday's and Friday's. I decided that I couldn't wait until the week after that for them to tell me to start taking the pill. I would have just wasted another week. It's the waiting that kills me. This way I can enjoy my trip and not worry about fertility, FSH levels or anything for 3 weeks.

June 2nd, 2007, 6:19 pm #10

I hope you can put this fertility stuff away and try to enjoy your trip without thinking about it. Easier said than done, that is for sure. Did you start you bcp's?

Colleen

March 1994 Ectopic Preganancy
April 1994 FSH 9.6 at age 29
Dec 1994 Pregnant first try Still born baby with Triploidi
Aug 1995 Pregnant with son - Took 8 months to get pregnant
May 1996 Gave birth to son
1997 Miscarriage Trisomy 16 - prego first try
2000 Miscarriage- prego first try
2001 Miscarriage- prego first try
2002 to present- suffer from chronic back and neck pain.
2005 Oct. Lost Mom to Pancreatic Cancer
Sept. 05 pregnant with Twins - Prego fisrt try
Dec 05 - lost twins D & C
Dec 05 - present. Never had "natural" AF again
Jan 06. HCG still showing pregnant
Feb 06 HCG still showing pregnant
Late Feb. 06 HCG finally normal.
March 06 - saw first RE
June 06 - RE did histeroscopy to remove scar tissue. Did not mention Ashermans
Summer and Fall of 06 still no AF
FSH checked periodically - 9.6
Jan, Feb, March 07 - Provera and clomid
April 07 went to new RE
April 07 Day 3 FSH was 30.5- RE terminated me!
May 07- Found Dr. Frankfurter and this board.
May 07- Day 15 (from provera) FSH was 51

STILL NO PERIOD NATURALLY SINCE DEC 05 D & C!