need stories and advice

need stories and advice

October 7th, 2008, 9:42 pm #1

So my story started 3 years ago when I had my FSH checked after ttc for over one year, it was 17.9 I had no clue what FSH was and the nurse asked me to get it checked again, well a little over 3 weeks after I had it checked I got a BFP and my son is almost 2.5. Well fastforward to now I have been trying for 1.5 and have moved on to different RE we discussed IVF but not IUI only because I was there for an IVF consult as a new patient. I didnt even think about doing an IUI with injectibles, and have only done IUI with Femara. Well since my insurance doesnt cover IVF only the meds I thought I would give the IUI a try for a few months and then move on to IVF. What are your thoughts and are there any IUI/ high FSH success stories? TIA

Ann
Ann

October 8th, 2008, 4:42 pm #2

as well as IVF and natural pregnancy successes. Check on the new high FSH board and the pg with high FSH board, as they are both more active and full of hope. Best wishes.

Ann

Shiel
Shiel

October 27th, 2008, 6:13 pm #3

So my story started 3 years ago when I had my FSH checked after ttc for over one year, it was 17.9 I had no clue what FSH was and the nurse asked me to get it checked again, well a little over 3 weeks after I had it checked I got a BFP and my son is almost 2.5. Well fastforward to now I have been trying for 1.5 and have moved on to different RE we discussed IVF but not IUI only because I was there for an IVF consult as a new patient. I didnt even think about doing an IUI with injectibles, and have only done IUI with Femara. Well since my insurance doesnt cover IVF only the meds I thought I would give the IUI a try for a few months and then move on to IVF. What are your thoughts and are there any IUI/ high FSH success stories? TIA
It is a logical step. RE told me after 3rd or 4th unsuccessful IUI, you may try IVF. Goodluck.