Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 22nd, 2018, 5:36 am #441

RABBITT84.searnfootballforum wrote:
Jet44 wrote:
YOOPERNIB wrote:
So two championship caliber teams can't play to a near draw and have maybe a bad call or a fluke play decide a game???

No. Because then you're dismissing the rest of the game. And it's also an excuse and I don't believe in excuses. 
It was 7-6 oak park in the first quarter
Stayed that was until the last 45 seconds Luke Pfromm's 38-yard pass to Jacob Badalamenti and his 32-yard pass to Cordell Tannyhill moved the Pilots to the Oak Park 7-yard line.  Pfromm then scored on a 3-yard run  with 45 seconds left for the go-ahead TD.
Oak park was still the better team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they were better they would have stopped that last TD or would,have scored more points themselves. 

YOOPERNIB
Senior

June 22nd, 2018, 8:28 am #442

Jet44 wrote:
YOOPERNIB wrote:
Jet44 wrote:

I would argue that it's not possible. Because if they were better they wouldn't be in that position. one play never decides a game. 
So two championship caliber teams can't play to a near draw and have maybe a bad call or a fluke play decide a game???

No. Because then you're dismissing the rest of the game. And it's also an excuse and I don't believe in excuses. 
No these are two evenly matched teams are you telling me a ref can't makes a bad call and changes the outcome of the game??? Almost happened in our game against PW in 2015. Here's something I believe never say never and never say always, you will be proven wrong.    

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 22nd, 2018, 7:51 pm #443

YOOPERNIB wrote:
Jet44 wrote:
YOOPERNIB wrote:

No these are two evenly matched teams are you telling me a ref can't makes a bad call and changes the outcome of the game??? Almost happened in our game against PW in 2015. Here's something I believe never say never and never say always, you will be proven wrong.    
Doesn't matter how evenly matched the two teams are. 1 play can't decide a game. You can give me any example you want, and I will come back with the fact that the team had 50+ plays throughout the game to make something happen and didn't. 

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 22nd, 2018, 7:53 pm #444

Jet44 wrote:
YOOPERNIB wrote:

Stayed that was until the last 45 seconds Luke Pfromm's 38-yard pass to Jacob Badalamenti and his 32-yard pass to Cordell Tannyhill moved the Pilots to the Oak Park 7-yard line.  Pfromm then scored on a 3-yard run  with 45 seconds left for the go-ahead TD.

this looks like 3 plays to me, not 1. And there must have been a ton of good defensive plays by DLS to only allow 7 points to be scored. 

Just out of curiosity and not that it matters, which play was a fluke and what happened? 

WeakSide21
Freshmen Unranked Walkon
WeakSide21
Freshmen Unranked Walkon

June 23rd, 2018, 5:14 pm #445

Jet44 wrote:
YOOPERNIB wrote:

Soooo he also forgets to mention that OPs only points came off a 60 yard TD run on the 2nd play of the game. Both defenses were awesome, but I'll give the nod to the team that TWICE drove down the field to score. The OP offense was throttled with their D1 QB completing 1 pass in the first 3 quarters before being pulled. I'd like to know just how exactly DLS was "outcoached" though?