Moderator: TOMMYZ

June 17th, 2018, 6:34 pm #431

Jet44 wrote:
RABBITT84.searnfootballforum wrote:
Jet44 wrote: If they were all the the same division it would be undisputed because only 1 out of those 3 would win a title. 
Well if they had settled it
It would have played out
With musky beating DLS
And clarkston giving musky
A ol fashion country whipping
And clarkston as the state champl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chances are that DLS and Clarkston would meet each other before playing Muskegon because they are on the same side of the state. Personally I thought that King and DLS were the best 2 teams last year. I don't think Clarkston had enough offense to beat DLS or King. And Muskegon didn't really play any of the top teams last year, so it would have been fun to see how good they really were. Too bad everyone, including the players are robbed of that opportunity in the name of "equality" and "fairness". Such BS! 
DLS was not that good, if OAK PARK
Had not made a mistake in the last minute OP would be in the championship game,OP was a better team then DLS

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 17th, 2018, 8:15 pm #432

Well, woulda coulda shoulda. A lot of teams can say that and a whole lot of results would be different. DLS won, so they were better. 

June 17th, 2018, 9:39 pm #433

Jet44 wrote:Well, woulda coulda shoulda. A lot of teams can say that and a whole lot of results would be different. DLS won, so they were better. 
NO jet they were not better
They got a fuke lucky play
They were out coached and out played by OP, the OP defense shut down DLS completely. OP was the
Better team,

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 17th, 2018, 10:34 pm #434

Then they would have won. If they were really better 1 "lucky" play wouldn't have decided the game. 

WCETtvFridsma
Sophomore

June 20th, 2018, 2:43 pm #435

One thing that has become a problem in recent years is the MHSAA Network.  When the network decides to broadcast a game, all other TV entities lose the coverage.  Cable access makes zero $ on games.  I can understand blocking local TV affiliates (FOX, ABC ect.) because they make $ on there coverage.  I'm not trying to make a big fuss, but one of the games we got blocked on (Two years ago, Girls Basketball Regionals, Hudsonville (Host Site) vs Mona Shores) the crew that was there to broadcast the game arrived 30 min to tip, and finally finished there set-up near halftime.  Very frustrating seeing such unprofessionalism........  
WCET-TV Sports Director. Twitter @WCETtvFridsma

Theballcoach
Freshmen Unranked Walkon
Theballcoach
Freshmen Unranked Walkon

June 21st, 2018, 4:38 pm #436

Jet44 wrote: Then they would have won. If they were really better 1 "lucky" play wouldn't have decided the game. 
i have to disagree i think there are multiple instances in sports where a flukey play decides a game and the better team lost.

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 21st, 2018, 5:46 pm #437

Theballcoach wrote:
Jet44 wrote: Then they would have won. If they were really better 1 "lucky" play wouldn't have decided the game. 
i have to disagree i think there are multiple instances in sports where a flukey play decides a game and the better team lost.
I would argue that it's not possible. Because if they were better they wouldn't be in that position. one play never decides a game. 

YOOPERNIB
Senior

June 21st, 2018, 8:03 pm #438

Jet44 wrote:
Theballcoach wrote:
I would argue that it's not possible. Because if they were better they wouldn't be in that position. one play never decides a game. 
So two championship caliber teams can't play to a near draw and have maybe a bad call or a fluke play decide a game???

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

June 22nd, 2018, 4:45 am #439

YOOPERNIB wrote:
Jet44 wrote:
Theballcoach wrote:

So two championship caliber teams can't play to a near draw and have maybe a bad call or a fluke play decide a game???

No. Because then you're dismissing the rest of the game. And it's also an excuse and I don't believe in excuses. 

June 22nd, 2018, 5:28 am #440

Jet44 wrote:
YOOPERNIB wrote:
Jet44 wrote: I would argue that it's not possible. Because if they were better they wouldn't be in that position. one play never decides a game. 

No. Because then you're dismissing the rest of the game. And it's also an excuse and I don't believe in excuses. 
It was 7-6 oak park in the first quarter
Stayed that was until the last 45 seconds Luke Pfromm's 38-yard pass to Jacob Badalamenti and his 32-yard pass to Cordell Tannyhill moved the Pilots to the Oak Park 7-yard line. Pfromm then scored on a 3-yard run with 45 seconds left for the go-ahead TD.
Oak park was still the better team