Moderator: TOMMYZ

wolvereen
All-Searn H.M.
wolvereen
All-Searn H.M.

2:50 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #61

Well then, you must have never visited Vinces West Elm Drive In, Monroe Michigan

Home made root beer at its best.

3:18 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #62

wolvereen wrote:Well then, you must have never visited Vinces West Elm Drive In, Monroe Michigan

Nope just as a kid on 8 mile and
Schaefer at Elias brothers big boy
Cold naked root beer was to kill for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by RABBITT84.searnfootballforum on 3:18 PM - Sep 19, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

3:24 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #63

coachtomd wrote:
coachtomd wrote:
jv8888 wrote: I watched game and I agree this looks like one of the deeper fordson teams.  Lots of athletes that can make plays.  QB running the ball is probably most dangerous weapon but they seem to prefer passing out of spread to setup running with RBs.  Almost all of his runs were broken pass plays.

Also their kick return game was HUGE factor.  not trying to sound like churchill sour grapes but it was nice of the refs to ignore multiple blocks in the back on the various long returns.  But their athletes making plays in space is a big plus for them.  OL/DL looks good, athletic.  Not overly big but they do a good job and get after it.  No one really stands out though.  Remind me of a DCC team.  Minus the pass first spread offense.

Not to start an argument but I don't know what people see in that game that makes them think this team could give CT a scare.  Good team and anything can happen, especially in the playoffs.  But I don't see it.  Thats just my opinion and where I'll just have to agree to disagree.
oh I think they can beat CT- this Fordson team IMO is better than the team that had the Webber CT team beat in the playoffs until they fumbled deep late in the game- this QB is better- bigger/better receivers and better overall team speed
the last comment was Fordson comparing to the Fordson team a couple years ago
i respect your opinion and maybe you're right.  Hard to remember but that fordson team had some studs and maybe a slightly better front 7.  Overall seems more talent on this team although pretty sure that team had a few D1 players like #1 and #5...not sure this team has any.  But for me it's more about how good CT is this year.  That cass tech team was very young and a bit lackluster other than Webber.  All they had to do was put everything in to stopping him.  

I agree they "could" beat them but on paper it's not really close.  That year the talent levels were a little closer, I think webber is the only senior from that team starting anywhere.  This year I don't know if fordson has any D1 players and CT has like 10 and that's not counting the underclassmen.  Again maybe you are right and maybe CT won't end up playing very well.  CT Looked very good last year and then choked against WB.  But after seeing that CT beat St Eds down in OH I'm not betting against CT the rest of the year.

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

3:26 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #64

RABBITT84.searnfootballforum wrote:
wolvereen wrote:Well then, you must have never visited Vinces West Elm Drive In, Monroe Michigan

Nope just as a kid on 8 mile and
Schaefer at bobs big boy their
Cold naked root beer was to kill for

i've never heard of naked root beer.  is that a thing or just what they called it

coachtomd
All-State
coachtomd
All-State

3:58 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #65

jv8888 wrote:
coachtomd wrote:
coachtomd wrote:

oh I think they can beat CT- this Fordson team IMO is better than the team that had the Webber CT team beat in the playoffs until they fumbled deep late in the game- this QB is better- bigger/better receivers and better overall team speed
i respect your opinion and maybe you're right.  Hard to remember but that fordson team had some studs and maybe a slightly better front 7.  Overall seems more talent on this team although pretty sure that team had a few D1 players like #1 and #5...not sure this team has any.  But for me it's more about how good CT is this year.  That cass tech team was very young and a bit lackluster other than Webber.  All they had to do was put everything in to stopping him.  

I agree they "could" beat them but on paper it's not really close.  That year the talent levels were a little closer, I think webber is the only senior from that team starting anywhere.  This year I don't know if fordson has any D1 players and CT has like 10 and that's not counting the underclassmen.  Again maybe you are right and maybe CT won't end up playing very well.  CT Looked very good last year and then choked against WB.  But after seeing that CT beat St Eds down in OH I'm not betting against CT the rest of the year.
in any event it should be great football and if Fordson can run the table they'll most likely have more playoff points and host.....only thing with this year's team- this year's QB is a football player- that other Fordson kid- terrific athlete- my middle son played AAU hoops with him- but he was a hoops kid playing football

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

4:11 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #66

Yeah like the looks of that QB.  

4:32 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #67

What I ment by that naked comment
Is Drinking the ice cold rootbeer
Is like going down a vary. Cold waterfall nothing like cold rootbeer
In a mug from the freezer

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

4:41 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #68

TOMMYZ wrote:
Jet44 wrote:
jv8888 wrote: I can't really comment on Fordson as I've not seen them this year.  
Thanks for Posting!!
You should look at his channel every week. He usually has a game up by Saturday morning.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV8mN3 ... EgDxD0T5VA

Muskyfan
Junior

7:57 PM - Sep 19, 2018 #69

gsaker wrote:
eagleCHAMP05 wrote:
gsaker wrote: Nice list. I would probably put DLS at #4 though. The game against Muskegon really could have gone either way—DLS played them tough and the game was close until the end. DLS also dispatched a very good Grandville team by three touchdowns, whereas Clarkston only managed to beat them by 3 points. 

My top five would be:

1. King
2. Muskegon
3. Cass Tech
4. DLS
5. Novi CC
Lol no. DeLaSalle got handled soundly by Muskegon.

King, on the other hand, was probably the better team vs. Muskegon.

With less than five minutes left in the game, Muskegon only led by 2 points. Cam then proceeded to break off 40 and 60 yard touchdowns in the waining minutes of the game. Other than that, the game was very evenly matched. 

In D3 Muskegon easily claims their first set of back to back state championships. D2 final will be King vs MMS, with King coming out on top. D1 I think Novi CC takes home the trophy ;). 
Muskegon DLS was fairly close, but toward the end DLS was worn down by Muskegon's offensive line. Had the game gone on for another quarter it would have gotten ugly for DLS. 

Turns out, Muskegon has a passing game after all .https://www.mlive.com/sports/muskegon/i ... ls_pa.html
In the game against MLK, Muskegon was the better team. King looked more graceful and athletic but the better team does not drop a pass in the endzone. The better team can kick the extra points and field goals. The better team knows where the ball is and pounces on it when it is loose. The better team gets fewer penalties and finds ways to win. Muskegon did that. MLK did not.

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Hall of Fame
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Hall of Fame

6:09 AM - Sep 20, 2018 #70

jv8888 wrote:
coachtomd wrote:
coachtomd wrote:

They have a D1 lineman that has not played yet this year..Will be back this week... Yes CT has talent..They always do..But again, last years team had more and lost.. CT should have lost to ST Eds..Yes, they were the much better team..But they make so many mistakes they keep teams in games...Also, playing nothing but garbage teams in conference does nothing to help them..