Leave the all boy schools in their own division
AA could be
Loyola
AAGR
NDP

DC
North
Cranbrook

make all aa teams cross over with central once, then they can cross over with intersectional once if they want to
you could even split intersectional up in two divisions
Also let cranbrook and north play in prep bowl.
Tommie! Where you been for the last few years? You used to be a regular. 
Apparently hiding out with BG
BG died right? BG was actually Joan Rivers.  

Boeing747
All-State
Boeing747
All-State

October 8th, 2015, 11:03 pm #12

pavlov wrote:
kaycob wrote:
pavlov wrote:
Tommie! Where you been for the last few years? You used to be a regular. 
Apparently hiding out with BG
BG died right? BG was actually Joan Rivers.  

I thought BG was Betty White? I hear Mr. Gunn is busy downriver these days, doing a pretty good job.

Boeing747
All-State
Boeing747
All-State

October 8th, 2015, 11:21 pm #13

coachtomd wrote:
That said, I'm sure that the "AA" schools would fight this promotion tooth and nail, even though it's been done before to great benefit for the whole league, especially from a scheduling perspective.

They would fight it and why wouldn't they....except for OLSM, all the Central teams have at least twice the amount of boys...this isn't the 90's- the landscape has drastically changed

It's not he AA programs problem to solve

DLS and UD spent a little time in the AA in the late 80's I believe.....DePorres/OLSM were part of the league with Saginaw Nouvel and Benedictine in the 80's as well
DLS was in the AA from 1979 to 1982 and U of D was in the Double A from 1978-1989. DePorres was in the Double A when they closed and OLSM was in the Double A before the Central-East/West format of 1995 to 1999. Nouvel and Benedictine were in the lower divisions in the 80s.
Should be interesting to see how this plays out after this season.

tommiegun80
All-Area

October 21st, 2015, 9:46 am #14

look for the intersectional to be divided in to two divisions based on enrollment.
north
cranbrooks
RGR
Cabrini

division 2
foley
shrine
lakes

everest
mooney.

Boeing747
All-State
Boeing747
All-State

October 22nd, 2015, 12:28 am #15

It would be similar to what the CHSL did from about 2005-2009.

Hsfbfan
Sophomore
Hsfbfan
Sophomore

October 27th, 2015, 9:30 pm #16

I understand that the Prep Bowl is intended to be a special event for the Catholic Schools, but it seems wrong to exclude the non Catholic Schools that participate in the league.  The help make the league better by their participation so let them participate fully.  Same goes for basketball.  Just my opinion.

Hsfbfan
Sophomore
Hsfbfan
Sophomore

October 27th, 2015, 9:37 pm #17

Couldn't the Catholic League pull in some of the Lutheren schools, Country Day, Nouvelle, Flint, Monroe and Lansing Catholic schools and build a bigger league.  If teams need to schedule games against out of state teams an Canadian teams why not travel more in state?

tommiegun80
All-Area

October 28th, 2015, 8:31 am #18

MSMCC, and Lansing would have travel issues IMO maybe not for football but the other sports, there was talk about Nouvel joining for football only last year, we will see what happens? Not too many teams want to play the CHSL central teams. Perhaps that will change with more 5&4 teams making the playoffs.

coachtomd
All-Area
coachtomd
All-Area

October 28th, 2015, 9:50 am #19

played in the league for I believe 2 years- with DePorres and Benedictine back in the 80's......DC played Nouvel and Country Day in recent times as well and UD currently plays Country Day.....again, varsity travel is on a Friday night- JV and Frosh travel is on a Thursday- which is a school night....travel to Saginaw and Lansing on a Thursday???

Hsfbfan
Sophomore
Hsfbfan
Sophomore

October 29th, 2015, 12:35 am #20

I was thinking of this mainly for football.  Regarding the travel, I believe it's pretty normal for the teams up north to travel a ways so it can be done.  Games could also be scheduled for Saturday's which is not uncommon for Catholic schools.  Just trying to think a little creatively and out of the box.  It would be nice to see more than 4-5 teams in a league.  It may be tough for some teams to play the Central division, but some teams would fit quite well into the AA and Intersectional leagues.  We all seem to agree the shrinking size of the league is a problem.  This might be a solution.