Early Predictions for 2018.

Chat about Statewide Football
topics.

Moderator: TOMMYZ

WCETtvFridsma
Sophomore

July 10th, 2018, 4:31 pm #41

SnoozeToMe wrote:
Big_Red_4_Life wrote: And, is Grandville going to keep improving every year, and get back to their winning ways of the early 2000s?
We'll know early on if Grandville can hang with the big boys. First three (out of conference) games:
Clarkston (@ UM)
@ DeLaSalle
@ FH Central

Then on to the OK Red schedule.
Unpopular opinion:  Grandville loses the first three games on the year, loses to Rockford and West Ottawa and will miss the playoffs for the first time under coach Stiegel 
WCET-TV Sports Director. Twitter @WCETtvFridsma

Big_Red_4_Life
Sophomore

July 10th, 2018, 4:36 pm #42

WCETtvFridsma wrote:
SnoozeToMe wrote:
Big_Red_4_Life wrote: And, is Grandville going to keep improving every year, and get back to their winning ways of the early 2000s?
We'll know early on if Grandville can hang with the big boys. First three (out of conference) games:
Clarkston (@ UM)
@ DeLaSalle
@ FH Central

Unpopular opinion:  Grandville loses the first three games on the year, loses to Rockford and West Ottawa and will miss the playoffs for the first time under coach Stiegel 
I sure hope not. I like seeing West Side power. I'm tired of the East side getting all of the love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

WCETtvFridsma
Sophomore

July 11th, 2018, 11:42 am #43

Big_Red_4_Life wrote:
WCETtvFridsma wrote:
SnoozeToMe wrote:
Clarkston (@ UM)
@ DeLaSalle
@ FH Central

I sure hope not. I like seeing West Side power. I'm tired of the East side getting all of the love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
As do I, I feel like the scheduled way to tough this season.  Looking ahead to Hudsonville and Jenison.  One game that will define there season is when they play against each other on 9-21.  Jenison has 3 games that will likely be a loss (Muskegon, Mona, and FHC) if they lose to Hudsonville, their playoff dreams will vanish.   As for Hudsonville, they have a good shot at starting 3-0 on the year.  If they can beat Caledonia, they have a shot at 5-4, which will be good enough to make the playoffs in the OK Red.   

Who can forget Stiegel's first season at Grandville, making the playoffs at 5-4.  NO ONE wanted to play Grandville in the playoffs.  Ended up losing to EK 38-16 in the first round, but a fun game to call nevertheless.
WCET-TV Sports Director. Twitter @WCETtvFridsma

SnoozeToMe
All-Searn 1st Team
SnoozeToMe
All-Searn 1st Team

July 12th, 2018, 11:05 am #44

WCETtvFridsma wrote:
SnoozeToMe wrote:
Clarkston (@ UM)
@ DeLaSalle
@ FH Central

I'll say they win 3 of the 5 games you mentioned. I think some of those teams were senior-heavy last year, and I think Grandville's senior class (this year) is talented. Anxious to catch some practices to see what they have in this year's junior class.
Map·et·ol·o·gy | noun
The Science of Maps and Brackets

DonnieG627
Sophomore
DonnieG627
Sophomore

July 12th, 2018, 2:05 pm #45

SnoozeToMe wrote:
WCETtvFridsma wrote:
SnoozeToMe wrote: We'll know early on if Grandville can hang with the big boys. First three (out of conference) games:
Clarkston (@ UM)
@ DeLaSalle
@ FH Central

I'll say they win 3 of the 5 games you mentioned. I think some of those teams were senior-heavy last year, and I think Grandville's senior class (this year) is talented. Anxious to catch some practices to see what they have in this year's junior class.
Who do you have? I think they lose week 1, but after that anything can happen. DLS was very senior heavy. They'll still be good, but not what they were. Don't know much about the rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnoozeToMe
All-Searn 1st Team
SnoozeToMe
All-Searn 1st Team

Yesterday, 2:06 pm #46

DonnieG627 wrote:
SnoozeToMe wrote:
WCETtvFridsma wrote:

Who do you have? I think they lose week 1, but after that anything can happen. DLS was very senior heavy. They'll still be good, but not what they were. Don't know much about the rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Honestly, don't know specifics about any of those teams for this season. Given the outstanding senior classes last year for most (all?) of them, I'm just assuming there will be a drop off for some. Again, not sure what Grandville has in their Junior class this year, but I think the Senior class is good. So I'm thinking they'll be able to hang with all of the above, and will win some of those games.
Map·et·ol·o·gy | noun
The Science of Maps and Brackets