Moderator: TOMMYZ

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team

May 30th, 2018, 10:30 am #11

Big_Red_4_Life wrote:
TOMMYZ wrote:D1 will come down to CC v CT...Fordson will win the KLAA in their first year

D2 Detroit King wins it all and will be the best team in the state

D3 Muskegon will blow out everyone they face in the playoffs and state title game

D7 Detroit Loyola makes the state title game. Game against Madison in the playoffs will be a great game
How much does your prediction change if Muskegon beats King? The game is at Historic Hackley Stadium and, the Big Reds hardly ever lose at home, 5 home losses since 2004.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
obviously it would change..But I dont think Muskegon will beat them. Big road games dont scare them as they play top teams on the road every year now

robertword
Sophomore
robertword
Sophomore

May 30th, 2018, 10:48 am #12

Musky v king is interesting because I question Kings discipline against the option, but at the same time they’re very good against the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Red_4_Life
Sophomore

May 30th, 2018, 12:26 pm #13

TOMMYZ wrote:
Big_Red_4_Life wrote:
TOMMYZ wrote:D1 will come down to CC v CT...Fordson will win the KLAA in their first year

D3 Muskegon will blow out everyone they face in the playoffs and state title game

D7 Detroit Loyola makes the state title game. Game against Madison in the playoffs will be a great game
How much does your prediction change if Muskegon beats King? The game is at Historic Hackley Stadium and, the Big Reds hardly ever lose at home, 5 home losses since 2004.

obviously it would change..But I dont think Muskegon will beat them. Big road games dont scare them as they play top teams on the road every year now
So does Muskegon. That's a wash. Plus, King is 0-4 against Muskegon. The first 3 games for the Big Reds will tell the story of the season. Most of the O-line is coming back. There's a new QB, but he's not a joke, he won a state title as a freshman at MCC. I am normally worried about them playing against a good passing team. However, the new DB coach has done a great job of getting those kids in better positions than in previous years. That was always Muskegon's Achilles heel. Everyone knows the Big Reds can stop the run, but had difficulty stopping an aerial attack. This game is probably the best game in the state for week one.

bsmith03
Senior

May 30th, 2018, 1:03 pm #14

Harrison showing 849 enrollment.  Schedule per michigan-football.com screams 6-3, if Harrison has a pulse.

North Farmington; W.
Troy Athens; W.
Oak Park; L.
Troy; W.
Stoney Creek; W.
Rochester; W.
Rochester Adams; L.
Groves; L.
Farmington; W.

849 is approximately where Edwardsburg was in 2017 (835).  Not sure where the cut line was between D3/D4.

Check that, in 2017 Tecumseh was the smallest school in D3, with 850 students.  Edwardsburg was the 3rd largest school in D4, with 835.

oldtimecoach
Sophomore

May 30th, 2018, 8:08 pm #15

wow agree Harrison should get 6 wins with that schedule how did they get to play to teams from the blue I know both are in the district but North has been bad for a long time and Farmington has not ever been able to play with them

ftballfan
All-Searn 2nd Team
ftballfan
All-Searn 2nd Team

May 30th, 2018, 8:56 pm #16

Harrison would probably only need 5 wins to get in being as they're a Class B school playing an entirely Class A schedule

shrinehhawk
Senior

May 30th, 2018, 10:08 pm #17

oldtimecoach wrote: wow agree Harrison should get 6 wins with that schedule how did they get to play to teams from the blue I know both are in the district but North has been bad for a long time and Farmington has not ever been able to play with them
It's their last season so the last time there's an opportunity to play for a city championship. Only makes sense that they get to play both Farmington and North

Jet44
Senior
Jet44
Senior

May 31st, 2018, 5:36 am #18

TOMMYZ wrote: D1 will come down to CC v CT...Fordson will win the KLAA in their first year

You think Fordson will be better than Belleville? As for the rest of D1, cant count Clarkston out, or Saline. In D3 I'd wait to see how good OLSM is before saying they will blow everyone out. 

oldtimecoach
Sophomore

May 31st, 2018, 5:59 am #19

shrinehhawk wrote:
oldtimecoach wrote: wow agree Harrison should get 6 wins with that schedule how did they get to play to teams from the blue I know both are in the district but North has been bad for a long time and Farmington has not ever been able to play with them
It's their last season so the last time there's an opportunity to play for a city championship. Only makes sense that they get to play both Farmington and North
Come on Shrinehawk this has nothing to do with winning a city championship. Harrison has and will put on a running clock by halftime against both. This is about 2 easy wins on the road to 6 and a possible state championship anything less will be a failure in this last season. By the way both games are at Harrison how nice. By the way since 2000 Harrison is 17-2 against those two schools with 12 of those wins coming with a running clock and 1 when North decided it did not want to be humiliated and forfeited, How far has that program gone down since the Holland days.

robertword
Sophomore
robertword
Sophomore

May 31st, 2018, 8:16 am #20

Schools from the same district should always play each other no matter how bad or good they are. That’s what HS sports is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk