Moderator: TOMMYZ

EA Graphics

July 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm #1

Basically if Clarkston wins another state championship I am through with purchasing merchandise through them.  I will go with a local company.  At the state final bb game I was first in line only problem was that they only had one sweatshirt in my size.  I was told that they do things based on previous year.  Well previous year I ordered the same two sweatshirts and a T-shirt.  So they lied about how they do things.  Basically they charged me when I told them what I wanted instead of waiting to see what they had in stock at the time of my purchase.  It took less than a week for the other sweatshirt to arrive in the mail.

Then on June 26 I ordered my football merchandise since I wanted some extra spending money for the Philippine trip in January, which came in handy BTW.  I was told multiple times when the football merchandise was going to arrive at my house.  Only after contacting my credit card company yesterday that I was contesting the bill did I receive an email today stating that they shipped it finally today.  BEFORE I called the credit card company up yesterday, I phoned EA Graphics up.  They refused to grant me a no sale and said that the merchandise would be sent on Monday or Tuesday, which they claimed the two previous weeks would happen.

shrinehhawk
Senior

July 20th, 2018, 3:10 pm #2

Off topic but where in the philippines are you going? My gf lives there and I go back and forth quite often

July 20th, 2018, 4:23 pm #3

My wife's nephew got married in January so that is why we went in January.  We went to Manila, Baguio, Bauang, Taal Lake, Borocay, and a few more places that people wouldn't recognize.  Never flying with United Airlines again as we had 10 - 12 issues flying with them.  I will list some, but not all the issues that we had with United:

1.  upon check in we were told we were allowed only 1 luggage each when we were flying internationally when you are allowed to have 2 (this problem did get solved, but took 30 or so extra minutes in line)

2. first flight delays due to weather only problem that it was sunny outside and didn't snow the night before.

3. due to flight delay missed the first connection by 15 minutes or so

4. next day United held the plane for over 30 minutes when people were late - United finally flew without said people boarding the plane

5. lost luggage

6. wouldn't answer phone calls to see how long our luggage problem was going to be solved

7. said lost luggage had our wedding outfits in it (not the shoes though) so we had to purchase new clothes in the Philippines when we had done so here.  Our luggage got back to us after the wedding was over and had to spend an extra 2 days in Manila before going to next destination. 

8. cancelled our flight back to the U. S. - no one wanted to help us to get on the flight that we were suppose to take so I had to threaten a lawsuit since my wife is a RN and was scheduled to work on the day due back.  We barely got on the airplane around 5 minutes before the plane left the gate.

shrinehhawk
Senior

July 20th, 2018, 5:03 pm #4

I can't stand manila, It's like a washed up NYC. Absolutely love Boracay and I usually stay in the Cebu area. I usually fly Delta and havent had an issue with them at all. Did you book through United directly or did you go through a 3rd party site? Asking because through Delta there's only 1 layover when going to manila and it's so much more convenient. The only airport problem I had was Manila's long customs and security issues when trying to check in. You have to go through security 3 times before boarding and I still somehow got stuff through that apparently is illegal in this country (pork rines)

Overall though I'd highly recommend the Philippines, I've been to a ton of different places and PH stands out the most 

July 20th, 2018, 5:19 pm #5

Most of my wife's relatives live in metro Manila in the suburbs.

We booked through a travel agency that said airport recommended LOL!!! For some reason Priceline.com didn't want to make the trip that I wanted to book.  I wanted the cheapest airfare since we aren't rich as basically my wife has gone every 4 years or so.  She took the daughters and her parents when they were alive instead of me when they lived with us.  My first trip there was in 2014 when my wife's hometown celebrated their 100th anniversary.   We ran into customs and security problems at Chicago O['Hare on this trip - we just gave up on the things that they deemed unfit such as some foods.

Ran into some sister in laws problems on this trip as they feel like it is their vacation instead of ours.  This is why I had the flu real bad for 3 weeks after I came back from the trip.  So missed the majority of the boys basketball season.  I didn't want to give the Clarkston players the flu since I sit close to the bench.

July 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm #6

Well, the merchandise finally came yesterday while I attended wedding #3 for the year.  Funny how quickly the merchandise came after complaining to the credit card company that I was contesting the bill.

It appears that there might be wedding #5 to go to this year on Facebook, but no date is set yet.

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team

July 25th, 2018, 10:07 am #7

Interesting on the off topic convo... My wife is half Filipino..Last time she was there was in 09..Went to a bunch of the places you mentioned.. Her family is in Pampanga .. One day I hope to go

unclebuzz
Sophomore
unclebuzz
Sophomore

July 25th, 2018, 2:00 pm #8

dang...with topic of EA Graphics i was wondering if EA Sports was giving up on paying the NCAA and just going to high-school level and you had seen the game play graphics already....man i was way off!!!