Moderator: Boeing747

upfootball
All-Searn H.M.
upfootball
All-Searn H.M.

September 15th, 2013, 9:57 pm #21

Im impressed with the way Loyola stepped up its schedule this year. IMO it killed them last year to not be challenged all season and then get an easy draw all the way to the Finals.

I truly think the kids thought they would have that game over in the first quarter against Ishpeming. They were not prepared.

Searn
All-Searn Hall of Fame
Searn
All-Searn Hall of Fame

September 17th, 2013, 4:12 pm #22

I miss DePorres . Would be cool to see Loyola do what they did... (the part where they were a small school who could play with the big boys, not the part where they played in D7/8 in the playoffs despite playing a Class A regular season)

A few more years like this and I'd like to see them move up a classification.

Sent from my HTC One via Yuku for Android.

Follow MichiganHSFootball.com on Twitter 
Click through our Amazon Link to support the site.    

upfootball
All-Searn H.M.
upfootball
All-Searn H.M.

September 19th, 2013, 9:54 pm #23

Searn wrote:
I miss DePorres . Would be cool to see Loyola do what they did... (the part where they were a small school who could play with the big boys, not the part where they played in D7/8 in the playoffs despite playing a Class A regular season)

A few more years like this and I'd like to see them move up a classification.

Sent from my HTC One via Yuku for Android.
Thanks for clarifying. Now I agree!

oldtimer
All-State
oldtimer
All-State

August 20th, 2014, 8:53 am #24

Loyola will attempt to earn its third straight state championship-game appearance after losing to Ishpeming in the Division 7 title game the last two years.

“We feel this will be our year,” coach John Callahan said. “A couple of years ago we had seven sophomores and two freshmen playing, then last year we were older, but not wiser. We’re a senior-dominated team this year and we feel that will be the difference.”

Callahan also believes 6-3, 210-pound tight end-linebacker Phil Grey (formerly Orchard Lake St. Mary’s) will make a difference.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2014 ... z3Aw6TMNEa