Moderator: TOMMYZ

Vandals05
Sophomore
Vandals05
Sophomore

June 23rd, 2018, 9:43 am #151

onicapla wrote: Yeah I think that I remember the last time they reshuffled the big elephant in the room was Carrollton and their enrollment in with the smaller West schools, guess I am not seeing the logic of putting them back in when it was already an issue.
Yeah it would make more sense to leave Creek and Carrollton with the bigger schools to form a 10 team league and have an 8 team smaller league. Whenever the TVC does realignment they leave everyone scratching their heads lol

majorhoople
Senior

June 24th, 2018, 8:42 am #152

Bullock Creek is twice as big as St. Charles, Carrollton over 200 students bigger.

And Nouvel and MLS are each about 100 kids smaller than St. Charles.

If they were going by enrollment those two should still be in Central Division.

Look for more movement-another realigning in couple years. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the East Division schools broke away to form their own league.

Vandals05
Sophomore
Vandals05
Sophomore

June 25th, 2018, 7:45 am #153

majorhoople wrote: Bullock Creek is twice as big as St. Charles, Carrollton over 200 students bigger.

And Nouvel and MLS are each about 100 kids smaller than St. Charles.

If they were going by enrollment those two should still be in Central Division.

Look for more movement-another realigning in couple years. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the East Division schools broke away to form their own league.
Millington has an application on file with the GTC so they may continue to pursue that. Rumors are that St. Louis wants in the MSAC, but it's highly unlikely they would be accepted. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the near future. I'd almost put money on it that the new alignment won't even survive to happen in 2019-2020. I could see the TVC completely falling apart or going to just one division of 8-10 Class B schools. The question is where would the smaller schools go? GAC has fallen to just 5 schools now so some could seek admission there. It would be a good fit for the 3 small Saginaw schools. 

onicapla
Senior

June 26th, 2018, 5:43 pm #154

https://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/inde ... ton_t.html

Mlive posted this today, was already known here it seems but here you go.

TheOAADude08
Senior

June 27th, 2018, 3:25 pm #155

onicapla wrote: https://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/inde ... ton_t.html

Thanks for posting this! Does anyone know what this means for the schools in the GAC Blue? Do they just keep moving forward or do they look for entry somewhere? The tough thing would be finding schools with similar enrollment in the area.  

Vandals05
Sophomore
Vandals05
Sophomore

June 27th, 2018, 3:44 pm #156

TheOAADude08 wrote:
onicapla wrote: https://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/inde ... ton_t.html

Thanks for posting this! Does anyone know what this means for the schools in the GAC Blue? Do they just keep moving forward or do they look for entry somewhere? The tough thing would be finding schools with similar enrollment in the area.  
I really think they should try to collaborate with the smaller schools left in the TVC. 

insidescoop
Sophomore
insidescoop
Sophomore

June 27th, 2018, 4:13 pm #157

Not sure if posted already by Hazel Park is leaving the OAA and joining the MAC

http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/2 ... /180619520

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsnet
Senior
tsnet
Senior

June 27th, 2018, 5:12 pm #158

insidescoop wrote: Not sure if posted already by Hazel Park is leaving the OAA and joining the MAC
I wonder what changed . Last I heard, one of the previous votes didn't go in Hazel Park's favor because of that basketball brouhaha about a year and a half ago.

June 27th, 2018, 7:00 pm #159

I feel like that the Macomb Daily deliberately lied as Ferndale is Class B without the co - op program.

Hazel Park is the 5th team in Class B this year and only 27 students from being Class A.  HP was second in the OAA Red boys basketball so other sports need to step up to the plate.  If they can compete in boys basketball, no reason why they couldn't compete in other sports.

June 27th, 2018, 10:23 pm #160

The OAA has been bullying
Teams in there league for
A long time.hazel park did
The right thing leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk