Moderator: Boeing747

CC/BR/OLSM

Shamrocks86
Freshmen Unranked Walkon
Shamrocks86
Freshmen Unranked Walkon

9:35 PM - Oct 21, 2017 #1

When is the last time all 3 teams were this bad in the same year?

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

12:11 AM - Oct 24, 2017 #2

never that i can think of but mostly that's because OLSM just had a rotten year this year.  this year's OLSM performance was probably worse than any season any of these 3 teams have had in modern history.

that being said all 3 teams were pretty mediocre back in 2008.  Don't think OLSM even made the playoffs and both Rice and CC had early playoff exits against teams that I believe were pretty average.

Shamrocks86
Freshmen Unranked Walkon
Shamrocks86
Freshmen Unranked Walkon

6:24 PM - Oct 27, 2017 #3

What's going on over at the lake?  Their numbers look dangerously low...

tommiegun80
All-Area

9:36 AM - Nov 14, 2017 #4

I guess CC was not down after all. 

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

2:27 PM - Nov 14, 2017 #5

going in i thought they would struggle a little to adjust to losing such a big playmaker with no decent QB to replace him and the overhaul of coaching staff.  But I thought they were pretty loaded with talent beyond that.  I feel like injuries and certain players not really delivering brought them down a little but QB was fine and doesn't seem to be too much of a disruption with coaching changes.  

overall this should be considered a very good first year for Anderson with all things considered.  unfortunately he's going to lose a ton of top kids after this year.  should be interesting to see how CC looks next year.

pavlov
All-Searn H.M.
pavlov
All-Searn H.M.

2:00 PM - Nov 15, 2017 #6

I have heard that CC installed the spread offense at the Freshman and JV levels. Can you guys confirm?

Also heard there was an intent to install it at Varsity too. But rather early on they decided that this was not the year to do it with the personnel they had.

I would like to see them mixing in spread a little bit or even a lot depending on personnel from year to year. But as Anderson said himself "the traditional stuff is still there"

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

7:10 PM - Nov 15, 2017 #7

i feel like right now they have a good mix of a little bit of everything.  One of the reasons Cam Ryan has so many yards as season has gone on is because they are running a lot of offense from single back formations 

coachtomd
All-State
coachtomd
All-State

12:22 PM - Nov 16, 2017 #8

jv8888 wrote: i feel like right now they have a good mix of a little bit of everything.  One of the reasons Cam Ryan has so many yards as season has gone on is because they are running a lot of offense from single back formations 
I don't think what they ran had much to do with it- he wore Stevenson down- he had big chunk yardage late in that game- gained lots of yardage on simple toss plays with Young leading him

jv8888
All-State
jv8888
All-State

3:34 PM - Nov 16, 2017 #9

coachtomd wrote:
jv8888 wrote: i feel like right now they have a good mix of a little bit of everything.  One of the reasons Cam Ryan has so many yards as season has gone on is because they are running a lot of offense from single back formations 
I don't think what they ran had much to do with it- he wore Stevenson down- he had big chunk yardage late in that game- gained lots of yardage on simple toss plays with Young leading him
sorry what i basically mean is early on in the season they had a lot of different sets and quite a bit of substitutions.  ball was being distributed around quite a bit.  quite a bit of pistol and shotgun formations.  

As the season has gone on it's been much more about him being the feature back and them running 1 or 2 back sets (usually with young in there just to block).  

i liked how the offense looked early on but eventually it seems like they realized just keep giving him the ball.  he has a great combination of power and speed. but it seems for the most part the old days of mostly power T / wing T offense with 3-4 backs equally sharing 60 carries a game is gone.  They have been changing a little here or there for years but i think their offense changed more than ever this year.  i felt it helped a young qb that frankly didn't seem like he was that good going in.