Moderator: OAAscouts

2018 OAA Football

tsnet
Senior
tsnet
Senior

August 7th, 2018, 10:23 pm #1

It appears @OAAscouts and I will  be collaborating on OAA football again.

His comprehensive site remains at League Lineup.

My domain name has changed. Information from 2016 to now is now posted at http://oaafootball.timstats.net. I'll be posting my computer ratings (Wilson & FACT) there.

tsnet
Senior
tsnet
Senior

August 16th, 2018, 9:36 pm #2

Preseason Rankings & Polls

NOTE: Rankings are posted for informational purposes only and each ranking should be viewed as one opinion of many.

§ Detroit News Preseason Rankings (link) -- unable to archive.
Six OAA teams make the statewide top 20. (#4 Oak Park, #9 West Bloomfield, #11 Clarkston, #15 Southfield A&T, #18 Birmingham Groves, #20 Farmington Hills Harrison)
Seven OAA teams of 11 make the top 10 in the North. There was a tie for 10th place.

§ Detroit Free Press Preseason Rankings (Freep Link) -- unable to archive
Four OAA Teams appear in Mick McCabe's Preseason Top 25. (#4 Oak Park, #11 West Bloomfield, #14 Clarkston, #18 Farmington Hills Harrison)
Last edited by tsnet on August 18th, 2018, 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend
Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend

August 16th, 2018, 11:32 pm #3

I would not be exactly quoting Detroit News as they have Belleville preseason #1.  State Champs had A2 Skyline ranked #1 in boys basketball after Clarkston lost to Detroit East English and how did that turn out?  Belleville still has to beat someone noteworthy to earn that rating or at least went far in state tourney or came close to the state champs or knock off someone good with a lot of tradition in the state tournament, something that I do believe that they've never ever done.  I am a prove on the field type of person.