Moderators: Green4eva, cowsbiteyou

Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend
Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend

August 9th, 2018, 5:18 pm #11

I only put some facts out so people can compare on how things work out.  If OLW is in D8, then Addison will be in D8 this fall since they are below OLW in the SEN.

I thought that it would be closer to Hudson last year than it turned out to be.  So who knows for sure unless someone wants to project all the games before the season starts.  I think Hudson should have a decent and better shot at being in D8 this year compared to last year based on the info that I posted.

About the 3 Class C co-op teams moving down only 1 made the playoffs based on the 3 teams that I can recall off the top of my head.  I am not quite certain, but there might have been a 4th team that discontinued their co-op program and moved into Class D.

Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend
Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend

August 9th, 2018, 10:26 pm #12

One more interesting fact is that 4 teams right below Potterville qualified for the playoffs last year to provide somewhat of a buffer for Hudson to become a D8 team.

HBalum
All-State
HBalum
All-State

August 14th, 2018, 1:02 pm #13

Interesting story out of Harbor Beach. Former GTC rivals Harbor Beach and Deckerville (now moved to 8-man and doing quite well) competed against each other in the "Farm Fit Challenge". In the kind of thing that probably only happens in the thumb, the former rivals football players completed what amounted to a 25 minute obstacle course that looks to be a pretty tough workout. Story and pics below at this link: https://www.michigansthumb.com/sports/a ... 153738.php

midmi1
Senior
midmi1
Senior

Yesterday, 2:50 pm #14

GoBlueAggies wrote: I hope to see my Beal City Aggies in contention in 2018!  The first two games may be rough - Clare in week 1 and Kent City in week 2. Go Blue!
When I was taking a look at Fulton-MIddleton's long CMAC win streak that went from 03-09, I noticed that Beal City played Fulton 4 times and was 4-0 against them while Fulton went 44-0 against a very strong league. Beal City has a very competitive schedule this year, no weeks off or easy wins, but 6-8 regular season wins are possible.

Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend
Mr NCAA
Searn Forum Legend

Yesterday, 11:06 pm #15

Looking forward to AuldSchool's weekly projections starting in week 3 to see how this all pans out.

AnyGivenFri
All-Searn Dream Team
AnyGivenFri
All-Searn Dream Team

Today, 10:58 am #16

My guess is on one side of bracket you have contenders OLW, Mendon and Hudson and on the other side you have Ishpeming, West Iron County and Beal City.  I'm likely missing a team or two that could make things interesting.