Moderator: TOMMYZ

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team

July 19th, 2018, 9:58 am #521

Qman wrote: Pretty sure Lowell knew who their next coach was before this announcement.
They didnt...A 5 person panel named the new coach Juston Miller in a 3-2 vote...

Qman
All-Searn 2nd Team
Qman
All-Searn 2nd Team

July 19th, 2018, 11:10 am #522

TOMMYZ wrote:
Qman wrote: Pretty sure Lowell knew who their next coach was before this announcement.
They didnt...A 5 person panel named the new coach Juston Miller in a 3-2 vote...
Doesn’t mean those 3 votes weren’t already committed weeks ago.

sjradio
Freshmen Unranked Walkon
sjradio
Freshmen Unranked Walkon

July 20th, 2018, 6:24 am #523

majorhoople wrote: Tom Matthews, an assistant at Portage Northern the last several years, is the new HFC at Benton Harbor. He has previous HC experience at Gobles, Allegan, and Otsego.
Guy was the girls JV and freshman basketball coach, both at the same time.   went 0-40 combined last year.   PN girls hoops went 0-61.  Varsity coach was PN's football coach Pete Schermerhorn.   He steppped down as Girls BB coach after this season.   Guess when the program goes 0-61, a change needs to happen.

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team

July 20th, 2018, 7:31 am #524

Qman wrote:
TOMMYZ wrote:
Doesn’t mean those 3 votes weren’t already committed weeks ago.
I know someone that was on the committee... They did not know..It was down to two people, and really the only 2 people that were considered...Atleast they kept the staff intact to try and keep the train going..

July 20th, 2018, 8:45 am #525

TOMMYZ wrote: I know someone that was on the committee... They did not know..It was down to two people, and really the only 2 people that were considered...Atleast they kept the staff intact to try and keep the train going..
Maybe it wasn’t 100% going to be Miller at the time Dean resigned, but being that far into the summer, they knew it was staying in-house.

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team

July 20th, 2018, 9:35 am #526

MI Fball gooroo wrote:
TOMMYZ wrote: I know someone that was on the committee... They did not know..It was down to two people, and really the only 2 people that were considered...Atleast they kept the staff intact to try and keep the train going..
Maybe it wasn’t 100% going to be Miller at the time Dean resigned, but being that far into the summer, they knew it was staying in-house.
There was no doubt it was always going to be inhouse...The other guy was also on the staff...

TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team
TOMMYZ
All-Searn Dream Team

August 3rd, 2018, 6:07 am #527

Larry Porter has been hired as the New coach of EEVP.. I guess he was at Muskegon OV for a couple years... Also, Detroit Northwestern does not have a coach..

bsmith03
Senior

August 3rd, 2018, 9:19 am #528

TOMMYZ wrote: Larry Porter has been hired as the New coach of EEVP.. I guess he was at Muskegon OV for a couple years... Also, Detroit Northwestern does not have a coach..
I saw that thread.  Wild.  But as they say, "only in the PSL."

Vandals05
Sophomore
Vandals05
Sophomore

August 13th, 2018, 11:21 am #529

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/Grand ... 03471.html

Tragic news out of Grand Blanc this weekend. Condolences to the entire community.