Janice, are you okay?

louise
fanatic

September 14th, 2018, 10:11 am #1

Please give us an update if and when you can. I realize you may have lost power as a result of the hurricane; or if you haven't, it may still happen. I am hoping you are all right. I am thinking about you and praying for you.

janice
fanatic

September 14th, 2018, 10:21 am #2

Thank you for thinking of me. I'm fine. It has not made it this far yet. I'm 250 miles from the coast. It will hit us Saturday night and Sunday. The NC coast is getting the brunt of it - again. The projected path right now takes it right through where I am, but it should be down to at least Tropical Storm by then. We're expecting a lot of rain, but not sure about the wind. Unfortunately, this storm is a slow mover. We are at that wait and see stage. I'm not expecting anything other than rain and some wind. I don't even think we will lose power, but it only takes one tree limb.

I have plans to stay inside. I'll play in my sewing room as long as we don't lose power. Even if we do, I have things I can work on as long I as have light. Plenty of keep me occupied. If I don't have lights, I can read on my Kindle. That reminds me. I need to make sure everything is charged. I was looking at the front porch this morning wondering if I need to move anything that might blow over. I'm waiting to see what happens.
[color=#0099FF]_______________________________________________________________________

[/color]"a man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." - muhammad ali

2018 Word: Fearless

louise
fanatic

September 14th, 2018, 3:16 pm #3

I am glad you are that far inland. That definitely helps!

The slower moving storms can do a lot of damage, unfortunately. Areas of Houston that had never been affected by hurricanes before got flooded last year by a slow mover.

I love the beach, but when Jon and I talked about where we wanted to move, we both agreed that we did not want to be too close to the coast. We did not want to have to worry about hurricanes. Back in Virginia, although we were too far to get the bad damage, we did make sure there was nothing loose in the yard that could get thrown around, because we could get some high winds. Loss of power happened sometimes, too.

I hope all goes well for you. Enjoy your crafty time!