It's so good to be home again. And....

Scrapbook Related Discussions

It's so good to be home again. And....

louise
fanatic

July 12th, 2018, 1:32 am #1

I took far more photos on the road than I will ever be able to scrapbook!

We took photos of family fun on the 4th, fireworks, etc. I learned that it is a bad idea not to make sure you have enough room on the camera card. I went and bought a new card, plus a back up drive while on travel after I missed shots because my card was full. I really needed that new card, too, because after we helped our son and new daughter-in-law get moved into their new apartment, we went to see DH's dad and step-mom. They live near some amazing sights.

I took 605 photos, just of Zions National Park, and then I took more pictures of the various sights on the drive home that I haven't checked or counted yet. It seriously slowed us down, but Utah has some amazing rock and mountain formations. It made me wish I had gone in for geology.

I was not happy that we weren't able to go see the Grand Canyon, too. We did not realize how close we were to it on the way home till we saw the signs for the North Rim. Next time we will plan to see it, too.

janice
fanatic

July 12th, 2018, 10:28 am #2

Sounds like a fun trip. Those are some sites that are on my bucket list. As for the Grand Canyon, that just means you get to make another trip. :)

I always carry a couple of extra cards with me. Some may only be 2mb, but at least, I have a backup. I read an book on digital photography by a photographer once who had his camera stolen. All of his photos were on the one card. He not only lost his camera, he lost his work. He learned his lesson and never carried or used only one card again. And he back up his card daily. He preferred to use smaller sized cards and switch them out more often than use a larger card.
[color=#0099FF]_______________________________________________________________________

[/color]"a man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." - muhammad ali

2018 Word: Fearless