Suing

kfarrell
Advanced Member
kfarrell
Advanced Member

Feb 22 2018, 15:29 #1

How sad the society and world we live in today. SCAC is a non profit making club NOT a business ran by hard working volunteers to promote and encourage coarse fishing in the Scottish Borders. But now with a member using the good old NO WIN NO FEE lawyers suing the club I think other members should be prepared, if he is successful to have the additional cost burden of having personal insurance to cover you whilst fishing at Bowden. I only hope that item 4j in the constitution (which by being a member you agree to) is legal enough to stop said claim.

Davie
Davie

Feb 24 2018, 00:58 #2

kfarrell wrote: How sad the society and world we live in today. SCAC is a non profit making club NOT a business ran by hard working volunteers to promote and encourage coarse fishing in the Scottish Borders. But now with a member using the good old NO WIN NO FEE lawyers suing the club I think other members should be prepared, if he is successful to have the additional cost burden of having personal insurance to cover you whilst fishing at Bowden. I only hope that item 4j in the constitution (which by being a member you agree to) is legal enough to stop said claim.
[/quote
Last edited by Davie on Feb 24 2018, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

dxpowell
Advanced Member
dxpowell
Advanced Member

Feb 24 2018, 14:37 #3

Disappointing that the aggrieved person didn't approach the committee with their issue direct before going to these no fee no win solicitors. This is a not for profit club which is both approachable and willing to work on solutions for it's members and the general public / walkers.

BigRodgers
Advanced Member
BigRodgers
Advanced Member

Apr 26 2018, 17:33 #4

First visit to club page in ages and this is the first post I see! WTF! Suing for what? Should be an ex member with their membership revoked immediately.
GGTTH