What to Splash

Moderators: Littleteacher, TheNinthGuardian

What to Splash

Littleteacher
Experienced Member
Littleteacher
Experienced Member

09 Oct 2017, 17:54 #1

Hey folks! At the learn to play event, I had a few people ask me what I thought would be good clans to splash for different clans.

Basically, when you construct your conflict deck for your clan, you can pick one other clan and use up your stronghold's influence to use cards from that clan's selection of conflict cards.

Since people are starting to build decks for the next couple of events, I thought it'd be a good idea to talk a bit about what might be good splashes for the different clans.

After reading through all the cards, I'm pretty sold on splashing Crab in my Dragon deck. Reprieve and Mountain Does Not Fall are just too good for an attachment-heavy army with one or two big expensive characters.

So what do you think you'll splash, and why?

TheNinthGuardian
Experienced Member
TheNinthGuardian
Experienced Member

09 Oct 2017, 22:33 #2

Reprieve seems pretty boss for not losing your investment. I think Crane can be a good splash for Dragon too as Above Question is incredible for single unit armies.

I'm splashing Dragon in my Phoenix because Let Go is so good (attachments seem both prevalent and good right now) and the Ancestral attachments seem handy.

I tried Lion in Phoenix too and it seemed alright as Ready for Battle is useful and so is Honored Blade.

Of course, those cards are just generically good and don't really support Phoenix directly.

I'm told Crab or Scorpion both have good dishonor cards so one could easily splash the other to cause more honor losses.

FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member
FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member

10 Oct 2017, 03:06 #3

Crab does seem really solid in Dragon. I've heard of Unicorn being popular too (Favored Mount, Spyglass).

In my Unicorn, I'm using Dragon, and it seems like a solid splash for almost any clan really. Let Go, Mirumoto's Fury, and Tattooed Wanderer are fantastic general-use cards. Kazue isn't half bad either.

I hear a lot of people are splashing Lion in Unicorn too, for the For Greater Glory + Cav Reserves combo. Seems too inconsistent to me, but Ready for Battle is fantastic too.

TIEfighter77
Journeyman Member
TIEfighter77
Journeyman Member

10 Oct 2017, 22:40 #4

Splashing Lion in Unicorn for the reasons Chris wrote. I'm not sure if it's inconsistent yet but I'm too new to be able to tell yet.

FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member
FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member

11 Oct 2017, 08:32 #5

The Guidance of the Ancestors is really good in Unicorn too. Such value tossing it for Yumino and then playing it from the 'yard.

Littleteacher
Experienced Member
Littleteacher
Experienced Member

11 Oct 2017, 14:17 #6

Part of what annoys me about this Role business is that I won't know until November if I have 10 or 13 influence. Keeper roles seem flat out better to me, so I'm building with that in mind. But who knows if what I'm practicing with now will even be a legal deck after Winter Court.

FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member
FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member

11 Oct 2017, 14:58 #7

I get that too. Seeker roles will get better as the card pool grows. Seeker of Air is already amazing for Scorpion, and a couple of other clans could really benefit from Seeker roles. I also hear rumblings that there will be some amount of choice in what role you use. Possibly people can use the unchosen roles or something.

TheNinthGuardian
Experienced Member
TheNinthGuardian
Experienced Member

11 Oct 2017, 18:25 #8

I actually like the Seeker Role better as it's ability to get you a fate seems more likely to trigger and it gives you a lot more province flexibility. Of course, Keeper roles will likely increase in value as the card pool grows and people want to splash more. Especially with this 6 packs in 6 weeks insanity happening.

FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member
FiddlerJones
Journeyman Member

11 Oct 2017, 21:27 #9

I already value 3 influence over 2 fate with the card pool as it is. Keeper is hard to get fate from, true, but the fate is just kind of icing on the cake anyway.

Andvari
Andvari

24 Oct 2017, 16:30 #10

I feel like the relative values of Keeper / Seeker will likely be determined by the role-specific cards rather than the role abilities per se.

Anyhow, as far as splashing goes, right now I'm experimenting with splashing Crane in my Phoenix. I haven't played enough to know how I feel about it.

Dragon also seems like a good option. Dragon *always* seems like a good option.