Warhammer 40k Winter League Begins Oct 17th

Moderators: dragonofid, Zetan, Dr_Pain, bamatrix

Warhammer 40k Winter League Begins Oct 17th

bamatrix

02 Oct 2017, 14:32 #1

The Warhammer 40k 8th Edition Winter Escalation League at Atomic Empire will begin October 17th!

I'm Blaine and I will be your guy on the ground running the show on league nights.

League Night will be Tuesdays at 6pm and, as stated above, we'll be getting started on October 17th. You can show up and start playing anytime on Tuesday. I will generally arrive around 5:30p and start setting up tables.

HERE IS THE REGISTRATION LINK

We will be utilizing Power Level lists, escalating by 10 each week. 10 PL is a reasonable amount to paint on a week to week basis, however painted models are not required, but there will be a best painted award handed out at the end of the league. Power Levels are a little easier to follow and since this is a casual league, will be sufficient for what we are going for.

SCHEDULE

The scheduling will be a little different this time around. I plan to have all pairings for the entire league posted by the first night. From the first night, you will have 8 weeks to complete all your scheduled games. I am doing this because we are headed into the holiday season and people's schedules can get a little crazy. Please play your games on Tuesday nights unless you just can't make it work.

Game 1 - 50 PL, 2 detachment - ITC Mission 1
Game 2 - 60 PL, 2 detachment - ITC Mission 2
Game 3 - 70 PL, 2 detachment - ITC Mission 3
Game 4 - 80 PL, 3 detachments - ITC Mission 4
Game 5 - 90 PL, 3 detachments - ITC Mission 5
Game 6 - 100 PL, 3 detachments - ITC Mission 6

We will be using the ITC missions for this league. If one player in a game doesn't want to play the full mission (with the maelstrom objectives), then you can play the simplified version of the mission that doesn't include maelstrom objectives.

LIST-BUILDING RESTRICTIONS
You may start using new codices the second they are released.

Also, since this is a casual league, focused on getting used to the new edition and so many people are just coming back, I'm going to restrict options for forces to 2 index armies/codices and your army must remain Battle-Forged. Examples: I can bring my Space Marines with some Officio Assassinorum or Astra Militarum, not both. If I bring my Harlequins, I can pair them with Eldar or the Ynnari, not both.

Forge World models are allowed, but only if your opponent agrees to it.

PAIRINGS
As I stated before, I will be posting all pairings before the first league night. NOTE: I may have to re-do pairings if people join the league late, so posted pairings are subject to change. If you know you aren't going to make it to league night, please make a post on the forums to notify your opponent, so they don't go to the store and wait on you! If your opponent isn't going to make it, feel free to still come and play/paint/chat!

SCORING
Points will be award for victories. You will be given a match slip each week for each player, which will include the mission type on it (I will post more about missions, etc. as we get closer to the first league night). When your game is complete you will fill out your own match slip and turn it in to me. The point structure will go something like this:

Win a game: 3 match points for the winner
Draw a game : 1 match point for each player
Lose a game: No match points for loser

For those of you familiar with how I ran the previous league, the sportsmanship and painting ratings are going away. When you have completed your 6 games for the league, I will have you submit to me who was the best sportsman you played and who was the best painted you played.

PRIZES
Prize structure will be based on participation. I will post specifics following the first night of the league about what prizes will be, since that's when I will have a final headcount on number of entries.

I WANT YOUR INPUT
Please chime in with your thoughts and opinions as I want this to be a fun experience for everyone. I can modify any of the above up to the first league night, then it is locked in until the next league.

Also, please post your name below and what army you will be playing as it will greatly help me with pairings and help you all get in touch with each other!

4ndroid
4ndroid

02 Oct 2017, 17:51 #2

last league was lots of fun

looking forward to this one!

nstephenh

02 Oct 2017, 18:42 #3

Signed up in time for this one!

I'm Noah Haskell and I'll be playing Space Wolves.

Monster124124

02 Oct 2017, 23:51 #4

Riley Morris - Harlequins

kenobi822

04 Oct 2017, 01:53 #5

Total newbie, played 40k over 10 years ago, hope to meet all of you! Signed up, Kenny Tran - Tau.

bamatrix

05 Oct 2017, 18:11 #6

Good to see you on here, Kenny! And no worries about being a "total newbie". I think at least 2 of the people from the previous league had never played prior to the league, so they're only a few months ahead of you.

gregory
gregory

13 Oct 2017, 00:07 #7

Excited for this! Look forward to seeing y'all on Tuesdays.

One question: Can we switch armies between games, or do we need to use one throughout?

If it's okay to switch it up: Ultramarines & Death Guard

Eric Gregory

4ndroid
4ndroid

16 Oct 2017, 13:26 #8

signed up!

I'll see everyone on Tues!

Astra Milit... this is the Imperial Guard, son!

bamatrix

16 Oct 2017, 18:41 #9

We will discuss army switches tomorrow night.

Also, I will be doing pairings for the first night on the fly as we do not have a lot of people signed up yet. Once the first night is over, I will do the remaining pairings for the rest of the league.

Hope to see everyone out there tomorrow night.

nstephenh

17 Oct 2017, 12:31 #10

I won't be able to make it tonight because one of my professors moved a lab. In fact, I won't be able to make it to any Tuesday except for November 7th. I can come down to get games in Thursdays and Fridays and Sundays though. I apologize to whoever gets paired with me tonight, please send me a message and we'll figure out a time to get our game in.

bamatrix

17 Oct 2017, 13:23 #11

No worries, Stephen. We had a bunch of people last time that had to reschedule/come in late often.

Aragith
Aragith

17 Oct 2017, 21:57 #12

Hey!

Sorry for the late entry. My name is Edmundo (you can call me Ed) and I will be playing Chaos Space Marines <Black Legion>.

W40k veteran but I’m an 8th edition newbie!

See you on the battlefield!

-Ed

Edit: I will be there tonight. Currently fighting traffic to get to the store! :)