Unguided rockets

Fast-paced dogfighting set in the Star Wars universe!

Moderators: Zetan, Ahab, Brainsaysyes

Unguided rockets

Naoum
Naoum

11 Aug 2017, 02:05 #1

You can't even use guidance chips, hence their name. That is the reason they are bad. For the record, if they did work together, it may have broken the Empire. It makes me think they actually play tested this one!

Thoughts?
I didn't see any of you fools at Game Theory tonight. To quote the 2 ruler, Get Gud.

Sincerely,

9 of 12, please refer to me as my Borg designation.

Matt_E
Matt_E

11 Aug 2017, 15:03 #2

if I'm not mistaken many Atomic Empire players, mostly live in Hillsborough or eastern Durham. Most drive about 10 to 20 mins to Atomic Empire. So many do not travel to Raleigh's Game Theory which will be 30 to 35+ drive on non-busy times.

Unguided rockets are not great in competive play, but are an unlimited secondary weapon attack. They are great for token stripping, if the hits can get through. Wanna by pass Biggs and strip tokens from someone else like Jess Pava and/or Low in FSR? Then bring in a heavy hitter on Biggs or Jess. In competitive play there are better options for missle choices.

For casual play super fun, no range 3 bonus for enemies and unlimited rockets lol.

JGrand50

11 Aug 2017, 21:05 #3

My searing hot take is that they are firmly not bad, and might actually be good in a tier 1.5/2 list type.

A lot is going to come down to whatever faq comes out (hopefully) soon. If the crazy top tier lists all get a nice firm nerf, a ton of options could open up. I don't underestimate the potential of a few unguided Bombers, and I have seen some Store Championship lists that have done well with them (take SC results for what they are though).

Brunas
Advanced Member
Brunas
Advanced Member

12 Aug 2017, 01:17 #4

We (or at least I) initially dismissed it as bad because of the platforms you can take it out, but frankly it's been performing well and probably deserves a second look (bombers with unguided rockets and LWF)

Matt_E
Matt_E

12 Aug 2017, 02:45 #5

The truth is a lot of people have overlooked them, because only a small amount of ships can actually take them. Scum and Rebels can't use them yet, so the "main" factions aren't using them, thus they already have that they suck factor built-in.

I assume in Wave 12, we'll see more ships using unguided rockets, and other unused upgrades more.