New set preview!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... rebellion/

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT PALPATINE

Kharack
Advanced Member
Kharack
Advanced Member

11 Jan 2017, 16:09 #2

Curse your speed I was about to post this!

Also what were you right about?

This all looks super interesting honestly.

Your eyes can deceive you is going straight into my quigon deck so I can laugh all the way to the bank, eQui Gon now has double dice removal by rolling shields? Sold

trishmish
Proficient Member
trishmish
Proficient Member

11 Jan 2017, 16:18 #3

Neat!

I am one with the force and the force is with me!
--- Trish

I never know what to type for these things.....

Chuftbot
Journeyman Member
Chuftbot
Journeyman Member

11 Jan 2017, 16:20 #4

I called a Palpatine that was your entire team. I'm kind of surprised it's already out though.

There's a lot of good stuff in every color they showed here, though they didn't preview anything for yellow villain yet. Jyn will definitely give a solid (though expensive) option for yellow hero that isn't Han.

Chuftbot
Journeyman Member
Chuftbot
Journeyman Member

08 Feb 2017, 00:32 #5

New spoilers from Team Covenant!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhfSMO2VOY0

Darth Vader: Dark Apprentice (blue villain, rare)
11 HP
13/17
1 ranged, 2 melee, 3 melee for a resource, 1 discard, special, blank
Special: Deal 3 damage to a character. Then deal 1 damage to this character.

Thoughts: Blue version of a death trooper, basically. Heaps of damage but can't afford his own upgrades. With some support I could see him pulling Grievous levels of pain. In fact, you could even pair him with 1 die Grievous...

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Mysterious Hermit (blue hero, legendary)
11 HP
16/20
1 melee, 3 melee, 1 focus, 2 focus, 1 resource, blank
Guardian.
Before this character is defeated, you may play a Blue card from your hand or discard pile for free.

Thoughts: HOLY CRAP THIS IS STRONG, and holy crap we all guessed wrong as to why. Obi-Wan isn't here to pair with Luke, he's here to pair with, like, a Padawan or maybe Rey. You get 1-2 super powerful dice, a bunch of health to guardian things away with, and you can play any blue card you have access to for free as soon as he dies. The card as written allows you to drop something like One With the Force on Obi, then have him immediately die and make it a support. You could also pull powerful blue events out of nowhere if you have no upgrades to toss around. Mono blue hero just got a really scary character.

Rise Again (blue villain event, uncommon)
5 cost
Heal 5 damage from a unique Blue character. You may play an upgrade from your discard pile on it for free.

Thoughts: Blue villain continues to refuse to pay for upgrades, only this time they need to actually afford an investment to begin with. This is essentially a pricier Second Chance that you have to be proactive on, but it potentially showers you with value if you rerolled early game with a Kylo's Saber, Mind Probe, Force Lightning, etc.

Carbon-Freezing Chamber (battlefield, uncommon)
Claim - Choose a character die. That die cannot be rolled during the next round.

Thoughts: It's Prized Possession but affordable! This is an insanely powerful effect. Do they have a one die character getting on your nerves? Freeze them in carbonite. Want to slow Jango down? Freeze him. Only problem is by removing dice you're potentially speeding the opponent up next round, which means you may alternate claims a lot. Still a really intense effect.

Kharack
Advanced Member
Kharack
Advanced Member

08 Feb 2017, 01:56 #6

Darth Vader - I think this plus double die kylo is what they want, tons of damage that you pay a little for, if they put out some blue method of gaining resources, these 2 could pump out damage while holocron drops non lightsaber upgrades...interesting

Obi-wan: I'm bummed his 2 die is so high, his 16 1 die makes him slightly too much for double padawan. Unless you use him with eRey you can't get an elite blue with him...and his elite version you can't get any elite friend with (unless I'm missing one)...I love that you can one with the force for free but I'm not sure who you are pairing him with

Rise again - palpatine support? It seems strong if your just happen into 5 resources, which for palpatine would still be causing damage, plus you're using holocron for abilities anyhow...plus you can swap in a powerful upgrade (mind probe die and gain 5 health seems great for 5)

Carbon freezing - seems powerful, still the same issue of "if you aren't getting the claim this will be you hard" it also doesn't remove the die when you claim, so the character you block will be determined by your opponent obviously, if they play 4 villain mooks blocking 1 of them isn't as nice as blocking say a vader.