September Runewars league

September Runewars league

Zetan
Paragon Member
Zetan
Paragon Member

06 Aug 2017, 17:04 #1

Which special rules would you most like to try?

Total votes: 28
2(7%)
1(4%)
4(14%)
3(11%)
2(7%)
2(7%)
2(7%)
1(4%)
3(11%)
0(0%)
4(14%)
2(7%)
1(4%)
0(0%)
1(4%)

So, we're planning another Runewars league for late September. My current favorite idea is to impose a different army-building restriction each week. We would announce which week had which restrictions before the league begins, so you can plan your lists in advance. The main problem right now is that I have a lot of ideas, and I don't know which ones to use.

So I made a poll! Vote for any of the ideas that look fun to you. In the end, we'll take some of the ideas with the most votes and use them for the league.

One thing to note: proxies will be explicitly allowed for this league. It's meant to experiment with unusual list ideas, so nobody should have to buy extra expansions just to try an idea that is probably completely terrible in a normal format.
-Shane

Zetan rhymes with Tibetan.

I played swarm before it was cool. What's that? You say it's still not cool? Oh. Well, when it becomes cool, remember I was playing it now.

Zetan
Paragon Member
Zetan
Paragon Member

25 Aug 2017, 16:13 #2

The votes are in! Here's what we'll be doing:

Week 1: You may only include one copy of any given upgrade card.
Week 2: You may not use any character units (though character upgrades are still allowed).
Week 3: None of your units may consist of more than 6 trays.
Week 4: You may only spend up to 30 points on upgrade cards.
Week 5: No single unit may be worth more than 50 points (including upgrade cards)

I'll also copy this into the main league thread.
-Shane

Zetan rhymes with Tibetan.

I played swarm before it was cool. What's that? You say it's still not cool? Oh. Well, when it becomes cool, remember I was playing it now.