Last Jedi Ships!

Fast-paced dogfighting set in the Star Wars universe!

Moderators: Zetan, Ahab, Brainsaysyes

Last Jedi Ships!

davidleenaggaroth
Advanced Member
davidleenaggaroth
Advanced Member

08 Sep 2017, 20:53 #1

Matt_E
Matt_E

10 Sep 2017, 14:51 #2

I'm starting to feel, that bombing is becoming the keystone of X-Wing. I really miss the effective jousting and outmaneuvering of ships. Bombs should be a cornerstone, not the keystone.

Anyways, I hope that the TIE Silencer is not DOA, the cost alone for a ship with 6 health, no secondary weapon slot, and no regen is a tough sell to me even for casual play. The T-70 X-Wing has 6 health and is a cheaper point cost.

Anyone else thoughts on the TIE Silencer or the Resistance Bomber?

I'm surprised no BB9E and the cost of the TIE Silencer being $30.

JGrand50

11 Sep 2017, 03:09 #3

I'm fairly optimistic on the Silencer.

PTL, Advanced Sensors, Thrusters, Title for 45

Not cheap, but pretty crazy movement potential.

Intensity, Comms Relay, Thrusters, FCS for 44

Good durability. Could go nuts and do title and Sensor Jammer for even harder to crack.

Keep in mind you also have the brokenness that is Kylo's ability.

The Rebel Bomber seems unusable. Why take it over Nym/Miranda/both?

Matt_E
Matt_E

11 Sep 2017, 14:56 #4

I might have been too much doom and gloom in my previous comment. I really want imperials to have a good beefy ace. I will need to see the dial before I make a claim such as DOA. That is a rookie mistake on my part! I hope it has a lot of green and white moves.

What pairs nicely with a 44-47 kylo ship for imperials? Would you swap Vader with Kylo as your wingman to RAC?

Off topic: I like to buy X Wing miniatures ships as a way to cut down on my beer budget. I can reason with myself by picking up a $15 ship versus a $30 ship.

ChefSteve65
Advanced Member
ChefSteve65
Advanced Member

11 Sep 2017, 15:29 #5

Won't a green hard 1 be cool! Matt always remember, no one is twisting your arm to buy awesome star wars ships that you don't have to paint. You can fly old beaters from your current collection.

Plus Atomic Empire always has good pricing!

Matt_E
Matt_E

11 Sep 2017, 17:52 #6

Thanks, Steve!

Hmmm after looking into it, Advanced Sensors on Tie Silencer might be really, really good. The echo map of it is pretty crazy. I was more suprised at the cost initially, but after hearing and reading about varying combos.

Does hitting Kylo cause the ISYTDS ability trigger or does it trigger after a crit goes through?

I gotta buy it, I'm addicted to X Wing minis. The issue is I need the advanced optics for the new Poe build.

JGrand50

11 Sep 2017, 17:56 #7

Matt, I am with you in that my optimism is cautious. The lack of evade action seems somewhat problematic, as does the high cost.

Assuming 45 for Kylo, you can still get a VI, Engine RAC with four points of crew.

Or two TLT Aggressors plus five points of play (maybe a system slot on Kylo?). Could also try to squeeze in OLeader at 26 and another cheapish ace type or a single TLT Aggressor. Or the Inquis and a 24 point option like Sabacc. Backdraft and Vader do a nice job of adding crits to proc some blinded pilots as well from the Kylo ability.

My dream is that the PS 7 pilot is good and I can run two (the look so dang cool). $30 per is rough though.