Blood Bowl: Bull City Summer Bash
Saturday, September 16th
Join us for the next event in our quarterly Blood Bowl tournament series! This tournament will follow hot on the heels of our second league season, but participation in the league is not at all required to play in the tournament. If you did participate in any previous league season or tournament, however, you are allowed to bring your re-drafted team!
Time: 11 AM
Entry Fee: $10
Prizes: Gift cards, in-game gold, plus a trophy re-roll to use in future events / leagues!
This tournament will essentially be run as a miniature 3-week league season, using the rules from Death Zone Season 1, with the following major changes:
1) Swiss Pairings. Rather than round-robin, coaches will be paired against opponents with a similar win/loss record, and will never play the same opponent more than once. There will only be three rounds, regardless of number of players, so those tiebreakers (number of touchdowns and casualties) might matter a lot!
2) No long-term injuries. The skilled apothecaries hired on for this event are able to heal any wounds, and every casualty is automatically considered "Badly Hurt."
3) No purchasing players. There are no players waiting around to be hired mid-tournament. You may also not buy Mercenaries or Star Players with Inducement money. All other inducements are available as usual.
4) No Expensive Mistakes. There isn't enough time between games for your team to get up to any mischief with your treasury, so your winnings are safe! You'll probably mostly want to bank it to re-draft your team at the end.
5) No play-offs. After three rounds, the winners (and their prizes) will be calculated immediately.
6) To keep rounds moving, the four-minute timer rule will be mandatory. Players will be encouraged to use their mobile devices to track their turns, though we will have a few timers on-hand in case any players do not have any such device. Please bring a device for this if possible.
Otherwise, everything that happens for a league season will happen for this tournament, in accordance with our League Rules. You may begin the tournament either with a fresh team or a team that has completed the first season of the Bull City League. Players will gain SPP and may gain new skills (or other advancements) mid-tournament. If you have the league or tournament trophy, the re-roll may be used during the tournament.
At the end of the tournament, you will complete the usual end-of-season procedure just like a league, and may use the same team in future Bull City leagues and events. As such, if you're looking to get into our leagues but missed the first season, this is a great place to start!
I'm planning to attend if there will be other coaches to play against. Anyone coming out to play?