Abby
Senior Agent
Abby
Senior Agent

May 23rd, 2011, 4:53 am #41

Oooh!  I want a t-shirt that says that!  They have license plate frames on E-bay that say I'd rather be watching...Scarecrow and Mrs. King, and a couple other sayings.  I want those also!

ele
Section Chief
ele
Section Chief

June 5th, 2011, 1:50 am #42

think they probably filmed the scene of tea with Lord Bromfield inside
the Club.  As you can see, there is a bit of Parliament in my shot of
the yellow checkpoints above that is similar to what we see out the
window over John Rhys Davies' shoulder:'
I always thought they were in "Simpson's on the Strand". What you can see of the room looks the way I vaguely remember it
Last edited by SMKGermany on November 14th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed dead links to user's local pc
Your Signature ...

Moxie
Section Chief
Moxie
Section Chief

June 5th, 2011, 2:21 am #43

Well, being on the Strand wouldn't get you quite the same angle of Parliament, I don't think. I have no idea for sure where they filmed that scene, though. I was only guessing because the angle was similar and it certainly would have been convenient for them to use the Athenaeum Club for more than just exterior shots (and costume changes?).

ele
Section Chief
ele
Section Chief

June 5th, 2011, 5:57 pm #44

'Well, being on the Strand wouldn't get you quite the same angle of Parliament,'
If you look at the two sites on Mapquest - it doesn't seem impossible.
But, after all these decades, I wouldn't swear to it.
Your Signature ...

Moxie
Section Chief
Moxie
Section Chief

June 5th, 2011, 6:28 pm #45

I tend to think that Big Ben would block the view of the Victoria Tower if you are to the northeast of Parliament where Simpson's is, and that is what we see so clearly over Lord Bromfield's shoulder in the scene. Without going inside either location and looking out the windows, I don't think we can know for sure...or unless someone who was there when they filmed tells us.

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

November 13th, 2017, 10:48 pm #46

Because of the upcomig Photobucket issue, I copied the pictures in this thread to Tapatalk so they're now part of the post and don't require a 3rd party provider.
No other content was change and links already broken weren't fixed.
"It is a job someone has to do. I happen to do it well."
**The Triumvirate**