Alaskanfan
Section Chief
Alaskanfan
Section Chief

December 23rd, 2017, 5:06 am #1201

SMKGermany wrote: It's a wrap! I've replaced 1650 links to images on external websites and turned them into attachments on TT so we won't lose them with the upcoming Photobucket issue on Jan 1st, 2018.
I didn't double check the original URLs, so some pictures have been replaced which were hosted somewhere else than on PB. But I didn't have the time for that.

There're still a lot of broken links, though. Many are just emoticons and can be deleted, other links point to websites which don't exist anymore but the content could be worth being re-searched and added as attachments as well.

If someone here has a lot of free time on his/her hands and would care to fix the links just let us (AF or me) know and we'll figure out how to grant you the neccessary permissions

You deserve a deafening round of applause.  That is a huge job and we are all grateful!  {Imagine us cheering and waving our arms and popping champagne - or something.}
AlaskanFan"I guess I have an idea of making the world a safer place..."  
Amanda, The Triumvirate

December 27th, 2017, 11:31 pm #1202

Wowzers that is amazing, HUGE kudos and thanks! 😀

TJP
Recruit
TJP
Recruit

Re: golf club

January 13th, 2018, 11:58 am #1203

TJP wrote: golf club
[...]

I had initially thought they filmed them on one of the courses at Griffith Park, and that may well be the case. If so, however, that would make the establishing shot of the clubhouse stock footage from someplace not in the greater LA area, because I've checked all of them (I think) and cannot find it. Unless there's been major renovations, which is also possible. *sigh*1151-1.jpgAnyone else who wants to give some input...that would be great. There may well be some storehouse of photos of golf clubhouses that I'm unaware of online too.
The above is from post # 722.

I am looking for the same filming location.  It was used in a 1988 episode (# 185) of "Falcon Crest" as a restaurant at a spa & country club.  They only featured the following nightly establishing shot, but never filmed an actual scene at that location.  I have seen the very same establishing shot in a later episode of "Knots Landing" and a much earlier episode of "Simon & Simon".  So I guess it is stock footage from a film library, indeed, particularly because I was unable to find such a place in any of the golf clubs in Greater L.A.  —  I am not sure if I overlooked one, but I researched for months without success.  However, the building might have been remodeled since the shot was taken.  Here's the shot from "Falcon Crest". Judging from the camera angle and the shape and size of the trees, I assume all these establishing shots were filmed on the same day.

1151-2.jpg

Just wanted to let you know, I am still trying to find the golf club from the above posts (# 722; # 1147 - compare page 58 of this thread)

In the meantime, I took additional screen grabs from two "Knots Landing" episodes where it was featured, too.  It is pretty obvious that no scene for "Knots Landing" was actually filmed there, but that the establishing clips were just stock footage.  However, I thought it couldn't hurt posting two new angles here.  Maybe someone might recognize the building from this perspective.

KnotsLanding9x18.JPG KnotsLanding9x15.JPG

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

January 13th, 2018, 12:03 pm #1204

This is a complete new angle providing more details of the house.
Thanks for sharing.
"It is a job someone has to do. I happen to do it well."
**The Triumvirate**

TJP
Recruit
TJP
Recruit

January 14th, 2018, 2:51 pm #1205

Is there a thread in this forum with screen captures of all filming locations you are still looking for?

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

January 14th, 2018, 3:13 pm #1206

TJP wrote: Is there a thread in this forum with screen captures of all filming locations you are still looking for?
Unfortunately, no.
We're in the process of sorting all the found locations into threads per episode. The current collection a mess of everything that has been found so far.
During this process we've already discovered scenes we weren't really aware of that they were still undiscovered. And we add a paragraph to the end of each episode with missing locations.
But it'll take some time to sort this all out.
**The Triumvirate**

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

Re: golf club

February 4th, 2018, 6:25 pm #1207

Magic Bus
Saturady is Hart2Hart marathon day. 5 eps in a row, if I can manage it :LOL
The same footage of the golf club was also used in Hart2Hart, 'Pandora Has Wings' as establishing shot for the admiral's clubs
goto 14:38
**The Triumvirate**

PICSMK
Agent

February 10th, 2018, 5:22 am #1208

In season 3's, "The Wrong Way Home", Lee hears gunshots from the alley.
He is just outside the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles, CA.  10886 Le Conte Ave.
He enters the Georgetown University Research Library from the alley located
between Weyburn Ave. and Le Conte Ave.

SCARECROW_MRS_KING_S3_D3_Title_01_01.jpg door2.jpg 000098.jpg door1.jpg

TJP
Recruit
TJP
Recruit

February 10th, 2018, 9:24 am #1209

SMK Germany  --  Concerning the mysterious golf club, thanks for bringing "Hart to Hart" to our attention.  I took a screen grab from the beautifully remastered "Hart to Hart" DVDs, and it's by far the best picture quality of that shot I have seen so far (attachment below).  No new clues for identifying though because it's obvious that the rest of the episode was not filmed at that location.  Again, it's a mere stock shot.

For some time, I thought it reminded me of King Gillette Ranch near Malibu Creek State Park, but while the Spanish style roof tiling and the big chimney are similar, I don't think it's the same structure, even if the ranch might have undergone some remodeling (which is pure speculation).  Other than that, I am back to square one in my search.

By the way, I also remember seeing the same establishing shot in an episode of "Simon & Simon".  Unfortuantely, I can't remember the episode, but when I first discovered it, I realized that no other segment in that episode was filmed there, but it was just the usual establishing clip again.

Del Oro - Spa Building - Hart to Hart 5.04.jpg

PICSMK
Agent

February 16th, 2018, 1:44 am #1210

In season 4's, "Stemwinder", the interior of Emilio's Restaurant was actually the interior
of Casey's Irish Pub.  613 S. Grand Ave. in Los Angeles, CA.  It still looks mostly the same !!!

e34353.jpg
fdgdf0.jpg
SCARECROW_AND_MRS_KING_S4_D1_Title_01_03.jpg IMG_3211.jpg

PICSMK
Agent

February 17th, 2018, 3:27 am #1211

FINALLY !!!!!!   😀
Just discovered the location of Dr. Zernov's rental house in season 3's,
"One Bear Dances, One Bear Doesn't".  It can be found at:  427 S. Lucerne Blvd.
in Los Angeles, CA.

987349543.jpg 84736953.jpg zernov1.jpg

The house that Lee and Francine spy on Dr. Zernov from is just across the street at:  432 S. Lucerne Blvd.
The actual interiors of both houses were used...

spy5879345.jpg scarecrow_mrs_king_s3_d3-05-avi_20150628_142020-778_thumb.jpg zernov2.jpg

Alaskanfan
Section Chief
Alaskanfan
Section Chief

February 17th, 2018, 6:41 am #1212

It is absolutely amazing that you can still find residential locations today.   

Side  note:  I wonder what those three little girls remember of that brief moment on SMK?
AlaskanFan"I guess I have an idea of making the world a safer place..."  
Amanda, The Triumvirate

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

February 17th, 2018, 8:29 am #1213

That's amazing, PICSMK. You're having a run, haven't you?
Is it still walking the streets with Google or did you get some hints from people who were involved then ?
**The Triumvirate**

PICSMK
Agent

February 17th, 2018, 5:14 pm #1214

SMKGermany wrote: That's amazing, PICSMK. You're having a run, haven't you?
Is it still walking the streets with Google or did you get some hints from people who were involved then ?
Just roaming the streets  :-)

PICSMK
Agent

February 19th, 2018, 3:34 am #1215

How is this for strange news???

In season 3's, "The Eyes Have It", a helicopter lands at the hospital where Lee was
taken after he was injured.  This is stock footage of the former Parkland Memorial Hospital in
Dallas, Texas.  5201 Harry Hines Blvd.  Parkland is best known as the hospital where John F. Kennedy,
Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby all ended up after Kennedy's assassination in 1963.
The area has grown massively with the addition of several new hospitals built all around
Parkland...  There is a new Parkland Hospital just across the street.  It appears the older buildings are 
still in use however...

SCARECROW_MRS_KING_S3_D4_Title_01_06.jpg h234234234.jpg The building in the 2nd photo, with the helicopter just about to land, is seen below in the recent aerial shot,
just behind the row of trees.

hospital342874936436.jpg

PICSMK
Agent

February 21st, 2018, 3:13 am #1216

Here is the golf course from "Magic Bus" in season 1.  It is the
Woodland Hills Country Club in Woodland Hills, CA.
21150 Dumetz Rd.

golf1.jpg golf2.jpg
golf3.jpg golf5.jpg

PICSMK
Agent

February 26th, 2018, 4:28 am #1217

Hiding in plain sight.....
In season 3's, "We're Off to See the Wizard",
Amanda's windshield gets shot out in front of the
Burbank Airport Center building:  2550 N. Hollywood Way
in Burbank, CA.  It is just across the street from what used
to be the Burbank Hilton, also used in this episode...

842437.jpg
764656.jpg

2550.jpg

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

March 4th, 2018, 8:56 am #1218

Great news from Salzburg
The interior of the restaurant where they find Marianna ...
sEimgang.JPG sTheke2.JPG
was filmed at Restaurant K+K am Waagplatz, Waagplatz 2, 5020 Salzburg.
The room is called 'Waagstube' (Balance Room).
This has been confirmed by the owner the of restaurant.
It's located right opposite the entrance of Cafe Glockenspiel which they used for the exterior shot.

It seems, the room has undergone several changes over the past years. They're currently in the process of remodelling, yet again and the counter is gone. The doors have been replaced by glass but the arched window above the door is still there. And if you run the scene in slow motion and have a closer look at the ceiling, you will recognize the unique, bowed structure.
sAusschank1.JPG sk_k_1.jpg
sKKWAG_EG_Waagstube_komplett.jpg sP5082684.jpg
And here's a picture of the lamps, meanwhile being used in an other room
sKKWAG_1OG_Holzmeisterstube_ganzerRaum.jpg

So there's only one location left for Europe: The capture scene from 'The Times...", which is supposed to take place at Villa Stuck, but evidence is still missing.
**The Triumvirate**

SMKGermany
Senior Agent
SMKGermany
Senior Agent

August 26th, 2018, 10:04 am #1219

Utopia Now

The gate where Lee and Amanda learn that 'Mr Sacker doesn't see visitors' is the main? gate to Disney's Golden Oak Ranch.
Look out for the posts on both sides of the gate while watching the ep
I found it on https://www.billcotter.com/disney/golden.htm

Gate1_klein.JPG Gate2_klein.JPG
Main Gate.jpg
**The Triumvirate**

August 26th, 2018, 7:52 pm #1220

Well done! 🙂 (Weird coincidence, I watched this ep  last night...spooky! 😉