Ad Free Viewing - Contribute Now

Alaskanfan
Section Chief
Alaskanfan
Section Chief

December 28th, 2015, 5:02 pm #1

I know that there are various tools to prevent the ads from showing.  However, that only blocks ads for your access.  It would be really nice to have the board free of all ads for visitors who find the site.  I know that my initial experience on the forum was much nicer for being ad-free. 

There is a "contribute now" button on the top left corner of the main page.  If the folks currently active would contribute $5 or $10 each, we would be able to purchase several months of forum support without the ads appearing for anyone.  Previous members made such generous contributions that the board was ad-free for the first 15 months I was a member.  (I believe I lurked for at least 2 or 3 months, so that's nearly a year and a half of free viewing.)

Please consider donating so that everyone can have an ad free viewing experience.

Thanks.
AlaskanFan"I guess I have an idea of making the world a safer place..."  
Amanda, The Triumvirate

darnchts
Senior Executive Agent
darnchts
Senior Executive Agent

December 28th, 2015, 6:02 pm #2

Thanks for arranging this. I am ad free at home but not at work and it is annoying plus I think the scripts for the ads still interfere with my computer. I definitely will contribute so others can enjoy ad free too. It is only 6.00 a month so that isn't bad to be ad free.

Alaskanfan
Section Chief
Alaskanfan
Section Chief

December 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm #3

I agree.  Thanks!
AlaskanFan"I guess I have an idea of making the world a safer place..."  
Amanda, The Triumvirate