Moderator: ronr

Ol' # 44 Mississippi Super Mod

Bayouman
Advanced Member
Bayouman
Advanced Member

June 11th, 2011, 4:47 pm #1

Here is a great ol' super modified that did some exhibition runs at the World of Outlaws event at Pike County Speedway in Magnolia, Mississippi in March of this year. The owner told me that the car has raced at Oswego, Winchester, Knoxville, and many of the other famous tracks from back in the day. They ythink that this may be the ONLY car from Mississippi to ever run at Oswego! It is going to put on display later this year at the Sprint Car Hall of Fame Museum in Knoxville, Iowa! And, he has asked me to build a model of it for him! Wow, what a challenge. The frame is made from chrome alloy tubing, it has a 377 in. injected Chevy, zoomie headers etc! The car was caught in a wharehouse fire that actually warped the frame - you can see the sway in the rollcage! HOT FIRE - anyway - enjoy...

The guy was prepping the car to go in the trailer in these photos. When he fired the engine and got it into the fully enclosed trailer, the alchahol fumes almost knocked us all out! What a memory rush!
Dave B - Bayouman
Laissez les bon temps roulet - "Let the Good Times Roll!"

krwasson
Advanced Member
krwasson
Advanced Member

June 11th, 2011, 4:57 pm #2

Kevin

TECHMAN
TECHMAN

June 11th, 2011, 7:42 pm #3

I have ALWAYS LOVED the old "Super Modifieds" !!!!!!!!!!!! And this is sure a GOOD LOOKIN' one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOKIN' FORWARD to seeing the progress on your "replica" !!!!!!!!!!!

DJ