Moderators: ronr, carl, krwasson, resin-daddy

ICM G4 (W31) Benz

Lefturns75
Advanced Member
Lefturns75
Advanced Member

August 25th, 2016, 3:04 am #1

I know this is not what most of us here build but this was just too cool to pass up. If you enjoyed Hogans Heroes as a kid, or even now with the re-runs, you gotta love this thing. (Pay Attention Dave) The G4 Personnel Car from ICM.

This kit is 1/24 scale with 258 parts, a 16 piece engine and 8 very well done tires. All parts are bagged and engraving is crisp with no flash. The only thing I see I don't like is the body shell is molded in two pieces and will require some work at the joint. The instruction booklet is a 6 page exploded view arrangement and the text is in Russian. The paint guide is called out in English and uses Model Master paint numbers. There is a nice looking chrome tree included and the kit can be built top up or down. I am not sure how I will do this one up, either General Burkhalter's staff car or with some changes I can use it as ER Bechtolsheim's Limo, who is my SNRA Sponsor. I know its not of interest to everyone but I just HAD to have one. ICM is in the Ukraine and have released some nice kits in the last couple of years.

Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Throback
Advanced Member
Throback
Advanced Member

August 25th, 2016, 6:14 am #2

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing!
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Another Rick
Advanced Member
Another Rick
Advanced Member

August 25th, 2016, 2:46 pm #3

Looking forward to this build. Maybe drop in a dual-quad BBF with some Torque-thrusts and a flame paint job" sepu
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

IAracefan
Advanced Member
IAracefan
Advanced Member

August 27th, 2016, 3:56 pm #4

That is cool, but now I have the Hogans Heros theme song stuck in my head. r:r
Kevin