Moderators: ronr, carl, krwasson, resin-daddy, wisdonm, signmike, Chargincharlie6

Another Rick
Advanced Member
Another Rick
Advanced Member

May 6th, 2018, 7:17 pm #11

WooHoo, got me another Wally or whatever they are called. Elmer really pulled out all the stops for this weekend, got that SBC to scream like a striped-***, err I mean like it is supposed to. Oh, and BTW I am Rick Johnson not Rick Thompson, although I would not have minded being a relative of the late,great Mickey.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

wisdonm
Advanced Member
wisdonm
Advanced Member

May 7th, 2018, 12:25 am #12

Sorry about that Rick. Just another auldtimers moment, I guess. mm1

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

Chargincharlie6
Advanced Member
Chargincharlie6
Advanced Member

May 11th, 2018, 11:03 pm #13

First, congratulations to Rick on winning the final event of the season. :))) Second, though Lafontaine doesn't agree, if I couldn't win the title, I am happy that Gretchen won!!! fbr Gotta love the whole Brennecke clan, especially those beautiful Teutonic gals.
Third, we are happy with 4th and two event wins. We ran well and had our best drag season ever.

Finally and most importantly, Thanks to Wisdonm for his efforts over the years and right up to the end here! It is a lot of work, more so than the SNRA Late Models, and I know having done it the first couple of years. He really put a lot into it and I am thankful. If I can roll up my sleeves and get a new drag car under my belt I surely will join you and the SFDT in its new home Don. .z.

With that, I bid you all farewell. For those needing to find me I'll be at Plastic Model Circle Track Race Cars on Facebook, you can message me, or whatever. It is there that the SNRA will kick off its 10th season and we have a big field already. It is unfortunate that the participation at the Lobby tailed off, but I am not its owner, or head. I have no idea how it is run except for what I did in the SNRA. The person supposedly in charge, Jamie, doesn't seem to be interested. I couldn't pay people to post or advertise to get people interested. If anyone wishes to start up any series on the Lobby as far as I know, you can have at it and I'll wish you luck. To continue to serve modellers who wish a little taste of what might have been in the 1:1 world of racing but who could never do it, like me, I had to make the move for the survival of the SNRA. Pops wanted it to survive. Sadly, the fact of the matter is that to continue it here would be like going for a cruise on a ghost ship. I am sorry for this, but do not apologize. People are free to post or not post wherever they might like in our world.

Thank you everyone for a wonderful nine years, and thank you Wisdonm.

Dave Chargin Charlie Bayer
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!