October 14th, 2017, 7:39 pm #1

wisdonm
Advanced Member
wisdonm
Advanced Member

October 15th, 2017, 5:15 pm #2

I'm liking it. B)

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

Bernard Kron
Advanced Member
Bernard Kron
Advanced Member

October 15th, 2017, 6:13 pm #3

Absolutely brilliant! I look forward to every one of your historic early NASCAR replicas. You have truly mastered this sort of model. Your ambitious and original decal technique is an especially powerful tool.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
MarkJ

October 17th, 2017, 11:27 am #4

Bernard Kron,Oct 15 2017 wrote: Absolutely brilliant! I look forward to every one of your historic early NASCAR replicas. You have truly mastered this sort of model. Your ambitious and original decal technique is an especially powerful tool.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Thanks, Bernard for the kind words.

Throback
Advanced Member
Throback
Advanced Member

October 19th, 2017, 5:56 am #5

A :))) fbr jsm
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

IAracefan
Advanced Member
IAracefan
Advanced Member

October 20th, 2017, 2:23 am #6

Beautiful job. fbr
The decals look great, did you make them?
Kevin

MarkJ
MarkJ

October 20th, 2017, 11:45 am #7

IAracefan,Oct 19 2017 wrote:Beautiful job.  fbr
The decals look great, did you make them?
Kevin, they are inkjet I made on my computer. Here is what's left of the sheet.

Bernard Kron
Advanced Member
Bernard Kron
Advanced Member

October 20th, 2017, 5:11 pm #8

Mark's decal technique is quite unique and lends his models a special character all their own. I've been following his work in this area for more than a year now, and it is very impressive. Without intending to speak for him, as I understand it, based on his explanations on other boards, he prints his decals to white decal paper which allows him to do white lettering. He prints the white letters against a contrasting colored background, in this case black, and then very careful cuts out the decal to eliminate most of the contrasting edge to the white lettering. Then, once the decal is applied, he removes most of any remaining edge using a very sharp #11 blade. It's takes a great deal skill (and intestinal fortitude, LOL) to work directly on the paint surface, but as we can all see, the results are quite something.
Keep on buildin'

MarkJ
MarkJ

October 21st, 2017, 12:01 pm #9

Bernard Kron,Oct 20 2017 wrote: Mark's decal technique is quite unique and lends his models a special character all their own. I've been following his work in this area for more than a year now, and it is very impressive. Without intending to speak for him, as I understand it, based on his explanations on other boards, he prints his decals to white decal paper which allows him to do white lettering. He prints the white letters against a contrasting colored background, in this case black, and then very careful cuts out the decal to eliminate most of the contrasting edge to the white lettering. Then, once the decal is applied, he removes most of any remaining edge using a very sharp #11 blade. It's takes a great deal skill (and intestinal fortitude, LOL) to work directly on the paint surface, but as we can all see, the results are quite something.
Thanks, Bernard. I really appreciate the kind words.

IAracefan
Advanced Member
IAracefan
Advanced Member

October 22nd, 2017, 12:45 am #10

I’m very impressed with the effort you put into your builds. The accuracy to detail is outstanding.
Kevin