Torrey's girls DISMANTLE section's DMR record.

Torrey's girls DISMANTLE section's DMR record.

buzz thom
buzz thom

April 18th, 2010, 2:39 am #1

Or do you like eviscerate better?

Just saw the live streaming video feed from SAC. Billmeyer rolls out to a huge lead after running about 3:28 for the opening 1200, that included a stumble about halfway through. No other runner was involved, for the obvious reason that they were trailing by significant margins.

Don't know anything about the other splits, but Dadkhah and Morgan both added to the lead, which reached maybe 90 to 100 meters by the end (or more). Final time was low, low 11:40s (I just saw the time flashed on the screen for a couple of seconds). I'll try to check out where this ranks in the state, and nationally for the year, but it just destroyed the old section record by more than 10 seconds.

Torrey coaches. Post your splits, please. This was a special race.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 18th, 2010, 2:41 am #2

Wow! 11:41. And a couple weeks ago everyone was predicting 11:50's

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 18th, 2010, 5:14 am #3

Or do you like eviscerate better?

Just saw the live streaming video feed from SAC. Billmeyer rolls out to a huge lead after running about 3:28 for the opening 1200, that included a stumble about halfway through. No other runner was involved, for the obvious reason that they were trailing by significant margins.

Don't know anything about the other splits, but Dadkhah and Morgan both added to the lead, which reached maybe 90 to 100 meters by the end (or more). Final time was low, low 11:40s (I just saw the time flashed on the screen for a couple of seconds). I'll try to check out where this ranks in the state, and nationally for the year, but it just destroyed the old section record by more than 10 seconds.

Torrey coaches. Post your splits, please. This was a special race.
Allie was 3:27.8, Brianna was 61.4, Ashlyn was 2:14.2, and Megan was 4:48.4. The tenths may be slightly off but I am sure Farmer will post tomorrow. It was fun.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 18th, 2010, 5:46 am #4

Wow! 11:41. And a couple weeks ago everyone was predicting 11:50's
When I saw Alli Billmeyer's split and the giant gap over 2nd, I knew there was no denying them. It'll will be a great race between her and Chloe Curtis (ran a 4:47 leg in Redondo's record 4x1600)at State. It was also good to see Molly Grabill back on the track.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 18th, 2010, 5:58 am #5

agreed that will be a good race between billmeyer and curtis at state. what was molly's split in her race?

Thorne
Thorne

April 18th, 2010, 5:18 pm #6

Allie was 3:27.8, Brianna was 61.4, Ashlyn was 2:14.2, and Megan was 4:48.4. The tenths may be slightly off but I am sure Farmer will post tomorrow. It was fun.
Megan was a 4:58
How fast could it have been if Dadkhah and Morgab had someone to race instead of on their own ?

Ted Hack
Ted Hack

April 18th, 2010, 5:30 pm #7

I think you are 10 seconds off on Morgan's split since it would give a total time of 11:31.8. Steve Brand's SDU-T article gives splits of 3:28.14 for Billmeyer (whoa!), 61.20 for Casella, 2:13.93 for Dadkhah and 4:58.57 for Morgan. Excellent job!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 18th, 2010, 7:31 pm #8

Ellis, not Casella ran the 400

buzz thom
buzz thom

April 18th, 2010, 7:58 pm #9

Megan was a 4:58
How fast could it have been if Dadkhah and Morgab had someone to race instead of on their own ?
I didn't see the meet in person, but the video was generally pretty good, if your team was at or near the front. If Torrey's last three runners had any competition at all, the time would have been somewhere under 11:40. Anyway, congratulations to the Torrey team, THAT is the way to take down a well-respected record that was set by a team of athletes that are local legends (San Pasqual, early 2000s).

A few side notes: great to see Brewer competing with that 4:09 anchor, and great DMRs by RBV and TP boys. Also, very good DMRs by RB and RBV girls. Lots of other good stuff in the last few weeks, too. But one question: why is nobody talking about Carpowich running the 1600? He's a 4:10 waiting to happen.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

April 18th, 2010, 9:44 pm #10

Carpowich ran what seemed a pretty easy 4:20 against Mission Hills last Thursday. The question for him is does he want to win CIF in the 1600 or 800 =)

Confirmation of reply: